Finally talked Mama into looking at Texas

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I hope that is what we can do, find a smaller place to live and shop.

Harris hawker

LSB Member
That's fantastic news frank.
With all the oil happening, south texas is exploding.
You could find a nice spot south of Houston nowadays.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks!! Well she is there now, so the looking starts, we shall see.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well looks more and more we will be staying in this area. Too difficult to find a place being so far away, very costly to move and change insurance, registration on vehicles, hunting leases, concealed carry , everything. Here it is easier to look and see what is available, just the move cost itself and local too..then I still have my hunting lease. Disappointing but reality.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I understand your dilemma, but that doesn't get you off the hook from visiting.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
right, I know, once we get settled will have to figure something out.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Maybe someday things will come together.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well after I am cremated I am to be brought back to Texas no matter what!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
You won't be much of a conversationalist by that time, but we can say anything we want about you and you can't complain.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
There you go, hey everytime the wind blows and you sneeze, you will remember me!

marineimaging

LSB Member
My lease in trinity always has pigs. Only time their numbers dwindle is a few months after deer season closes. But it seems no matter where you hunt in TX there are pigs, just a matter of how much pressure they get year around.
Speaking of that, do you guys hunt the lease at night to work the hogs out or would it spook the deer too much?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We do, the hog and deer are going to be there anyway, kind of shakes things up when all the animals go nocturnal to have hog hunters shooting at night. Maybe it keeps the deer up so they have to come out during the day? It might be different if we had trophy deer, people may want to kill us. I tried to put members on the lease that can roll with the punches.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Speaking of that, do you guys hunt the lease at night to work the hogs out or would it spook the deer too much?
When ever the game cam tells me to hunt pigs. Most of the time it is right at or just after sunset. As for the deer they stay nocturnal for the most part except during rut no matter what I do. But I really don't concern myself too much with deer, I am more interested in pigs than deer. I will not turn down a good looking WT if it is in season though.

marineimaging

LSB Member
There was a guy that owned (or ran) a 600+ acre farm or ranch somewhere along 94 near White Rock Creek. He took my card and said we (LoneStarBoars hunters) would be welcome to hunt hogs there because they were tearing up his crops. He had some deer leases he was working this season but after deer season he would give me a call to set up coming up there to look around. I got the impression this was not a fee based hunt. Strictly to rid the area of them. I will let you know when I find out but until then, is there anywhere on private property around your area there near Trinity that we can night hunt with green lights and temporary feeders?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hunting hogs at night has no effect on the deer at my place. Most of the time the deer do not even run off.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very hard to run as extermination with lights. You may want to ask around for someone to hunt with you that has extra nv/thermal equipment. I would offer but only have one rig set up for night.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Same as the Wassman, difficult to do eradication w/o the proper equipment, NV and suppressors.

marineimaging

LSB Member
I was afraid of that. But, if we get 20 hunters on a feeder, and count 3 - 2- 1 BANG like one shot, we could pop them 20 at a time. LOL

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Difficult to get 3 hunters together, let me know how the 20 go as I will not be there...lol

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hunted in Weimar , near Schulenberg just off I-10 about 70 miles west of Houston .. Used dogs and got 18 hogs in one morning.