Finally talked Mama into looking at Texas

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If you have time give me a ring when your in town and you can get a taste of good ole Texas pig slaying.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Brian, we are gonna be almost neighbors! I cannot wait to get home and look around for new hunting grounds, got to buy new boots and a hat, no western stores here! The only thing I will miss is my lease and a few of the guys I really like!

Pootie

Santa Fe, TX
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Don't forget to update your shipping address for your x-sight!;) Wouldn't want it to get lost in shipping. Hey, I'm waiting impatiently too.:rolleyes: Jack

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am sure the X-Sight will be announced at the 2015 Shot Show...finally to be delivered at some point during the year...lol

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Got word today that we will be moving Dec15-Mar 15, where is the question, staying around here or moving to the Houston area. the cost is the final deciding factor, finding a place we can afford in an area we can be satisfied with...Wish me luck!

Pootie

Santa Fe, TX
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Got word today that we will be moving Dec15-Mar 15, where is the question, staying around here or moving to the Houston area. the cost is the final deciding factor, finding a place we can afford in an area we can be satisfied with...Wish me luck!
Good luck Frank!

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
that's not all that easy to do in a state as big as ours! I wish both of you all the luck you can get. That far of a move is never easy.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yep Big area to look it but since the wife will be in Pearland for a week, she can look there and S to Alvin area., other wise I will have to come over to try and find something.

Costly things are the long move, new ins, Drivers license, concealed carry permit, vehicle registrations. OH and a new lease for hunting and restock all I have to leave here.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Best of luck to you frank. Texas would love to have you back.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Looking forward to meeting you Frank. If I can help just holler.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Buddy I would love to be home!

Find a rental, is all I need...

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Buddy I would love to be home!

Find a rental, is all I need...

The part that sucks is that the housing market in Houston is on fire right now. There are alot of new people moving here mainly oil related, not to mention all the new construction of large office buildings too. There are rental properties out here but the pricing may be inflated. I have seen plenty of properties for rent, but never bothered to look at pricing.

I would say the further you get away from town the better. Lots of folks seem to go to Katy but if you even need to get into town during rush hour pack you patience. Personally I like Friendswood/Alvin since it is not exploding like Katy and north of the woodlands, you can still get a bit of a county type feel down south of Houston. The other way (east Houston) just stinks literally that is where majority of the oil refineries are and generally not a great part of town. The only part that sucks about south Houston is if you even need to go north of houston be prepared to deal with famous Houston traffic.

To be honest Houston traffic can be tricky at times. It is one of those cities where you have to know which roads to avoid a certain times of the day and have alternates in minds if your route becomes a parking lot. Above all learn learn the HOV system it can be a life saver, this is why I try to ride my harley since I can take it on the HOV even when I am a single rider.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well since we are both retired and will be going to Pearland often I think we will stay out in Alvin Friendswood area, plus if we could find something in the country that would be even better! I certainly do not want to be IN Houston, Pearland would be the closest.

Funny when I commuted thru Houston when traveling I tried to hit it at Midnight and flew thorough!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey I am from San Antonio and always hated going to and through Houston and still hate the thought of it.

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Hey I am from San Antonio and always hated going to and through Houston and still hate the thought of it.
Hey I am from San Antonio too and I avoid THAT place like crazy and hate going through it let alone Houston, Austin, or DFW.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
See I found SA easy with all the intersecting expressways, I am sure it is a mess now, that was 12 years ago. Austin is just a stupid pattern...Dal and Hou are just too big and too many cars, no way to get better. McAllen is my home town and have not been back for 40 years, The Corpus and have not been there since we buried Dad in '84 I finally moved to Canyon lake out Of SA '92 to 2000 and than came here.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I love the Canyon Lake area and will be going there in a couple weeks.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wish I had never left now...always the case?

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
The roads in SA are well thought out but it is getting to the point that there are just too many people using 10, 35, and 281 to get to and from work so during the week those are pretty bad.

Then again it may be just me. I moved out in '01 and never looked back. Every time I move it's to somewhere smaller. The closest town is now somewhere around pop 400. Only time I go to SA now is to visit family.