Finally talked Mama into looking at Texas

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Help me get out of FL and back home to Texas!!

Well her son and grandson are in Pearland(S Houston) but I need to consider hunting and where some of you are located here so maybe as far away as 2 hrs to her family. We are in 2600sq' now but would like to downsize to 1500' or so, need storage or 2 car garage. She prefers a town, I prefer country so will look at both.

I need the least expensive area/taxes and such to live in. Will be renting at first so if I can $1000 a mo or less. She is a bookkeeper type and bank loan officer admin asst. I am basically sales, marketing or whatever I can find that I will be off more than working, both part time just for extra $$ and get to know folks in the area. So what areas would you suggest? I would really like to be more rural infact as a property caretaker w house would be perfect.

Never know till you ask and you guys are all over so ideas, thoughts, contacts, whatever will be appreciated! No rush 6-12 mos, time to make a couple of trips over to check out viable areas.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I know nothing about that area but we have a strong Houston group that should!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well IF I have to tell her S Dallas is only 2 hrs from Houston, I will...lol Yeah I am excited, I want to come home!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Damn! there you go, might be hope yet!

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good deal! that makes a decent size area to find a place to call home. I am sure there has to be something to suit your needs there.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah I am from McAllen, too far S, lived in SA and Canyon Lake, I like that area, but w the 4yr old grandson in H town looks like a new area of TX to live in. Certainly lots of places to look at and check out, I needed a road trip anyway, that is how I found Destin.

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
if you can get another hour away that would include SA, Austin, Canyon Lake, and a lot of other areas SHE may like. plus it may put you closer to some hunting grounds, or at least on a major interstate to get there faster...

Take her to kerville, fredricksburg, Grueene, and New Braunsfels to visit, she may like it more than she thinks.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is true, an she will never know I just measured to the edge of Houston and not Pearland! At least get me to the Seguin area

Froggerzack

Diana, TX (East TX)
I would look at Livingston, Conroe, Huntsville, Cleveland areas. All surround the Sam Houston Nation Forest.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Where is Diana TX in all that, wife's name...lol Thanks will do, I could look it up but what are the hog hunting rules there?

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very cool Frank. You can always give me a call if need be.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You know I will!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I hate WMA regs, do I read it right, no night hunting on WMA"S, I thought they had a feral hog problem...

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I hate WMA regs, do I read it right, no night hunting on WMA"S, I thought they had a feral hog problem...

Yep thank our Californians now living here in Texas. I think this is a bigger problem. Good thing is you will have friends with leases and or land for your pig slaying fix.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Maybe I need to find land to hunt on first and move to that area, a man has to have his priorities!

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
good plan