Finally talked Mama into looking at Texas

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
PM on the way with some info, that will be great to have a hunting buddy close by!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well see how it works out sometimes...A buddy is selling his house with a 3 stall barn 24x44, and a air conditioned workshop 24x40 on 2 acres outside of Bandera within our price range. He is moving out when we move in, probably Oct so even the timing works out well for everyone.

IS114tb57n8voo3.jpg

upload_2016-3-31_18-57-59.jpeg
BARN
upload_2016-3-31_18-59-12.jpeg

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looks like a nice place. We are ready ourselves to get out of town again. Times they are a changin!! Glad you found a place. Had a few friends headed that way this weekend, on their bikes for a rally. Welcome back to TEXAS!! BANG BANG!!

You are just North of a buddy's lease out there. GOOD ON YA!! CONGRATS!!

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yep the rally is in full swing already, loads of people out there. That place looks great Frank!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey it will be fine for me as long as the wife is OK I can live in the shop. I needed out buildings for storage and working, the rest is gravy. Would have preferred more acreage and fully fenced but can't get everything.

My buddy is a biker, runs w the Combat Vets and Run for the Wall, just got a new Victory.
shop3.jpg

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's great news Frank !! Congrats to ya !! I know you've been itching to get Texas soil back onto your boots for a while now. Looks like a fine place to call home.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
RD, we will have a workshop!! Have you closed on your jobs yet?

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Already posted the update. We got Zest !!! Thanks for asking.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That's great Frank, when's the house warming party?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am guessing we will be in by Oct, so pick the date and we will do it! I will be in the shop...lol

Right now I am looking for a driver or a man with a truck and large trailer to move us, have too many vehicles to drive and only want to make 1 trip.

rrv333

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great looking shop, excellent find!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Look what I found in the shop!

shop2.jpg

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well Thump I am a 4th generation Texan, we can just run out the liberals that have moved in and things will be just fine!

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Beautiful part of Texas my friend.

Don't be afraid to ask your future Texans for help. I would be willing to shell out some time for ya.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks, all I am looking for is someone with a large trailer/truck that will move me off the books so I can pay them gas and their time for the move. I am getting too old to carry all we got so will be hiring the labor at both ends but the transportation itself is a killer. I am looking forward to seeing alot of you after the move.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What a sickening feeling...got a call today and the buddy I was buying the house from got back together with his wife and they are staying in the house...I felt like screaming and crying at the same time, can't tell you how disappointed I am! If sh*t can happen it will I guess. So looking again for something that stays dry, between Bandera and Houston I guess...Really liked Bandera as it is close to the Bases, VA and all our Military privileges and was where my best friend lived. Here we go, wish us luck in our search!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is just bad news for you Frank. Sorry that happened. Hope you find something and maybe just maybe you will still make it before the end of the year!

I had to press the like button so I could press the UNLIKE button!!:(

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks Buddy, we have started the search again and we will be there by the end of the year as our lease is up here Dec 31 so one way or another... That is our drop dead date.