Finally talked Mama into looking at Texas

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lookin up Frank, I ride through there quite often. In fact I just passed that place up a few weeks ago, if I am in the area I will stop by and check it out for you. No promises.

Overall not too busy like SA, but close enough to New Br to get some groceries and such. It can get a bit busy around there during the summer months due to Schlitterbahn Water Park, Natural Bridge Caverns, and River Floaters. But small potatoes compared to SA rush hour.

FYI alot of German Culture around that area, bring your lederhosen and cook up some fresh wienerschnitzel.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks!! I use to go to Wurstfest all the time,remember I lived at Canyon Lake just out of town. I have a buddy going over tomorrow hope he can get a key. I may drive over soon myself, who knows. All I know is we need to put a contract on it ASAP when we find out if it VA qualifies, property is moving fast. This is alot of home and out buildings for the money so it will not last long. If we get it I will have to figure out how to make money with that big shop that has A/C.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That area is not bad at all Frank. I travel it every week and it is a good balance between San Antonio and San Marcos/New Braunfels. Some areas around here you can not buy a house because they sell too fast. People are lined up with bank approvals and unless you know a realtor you are already behind 4 others with offers. A realtor in my area will rarely call you back if ever. They have buyers lined up. If you find something you like get your ducks in a row, if it doesn't work out get ready to choose something else but have your approval ready.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dan you are right about that, looks like everyone wants out from where they are! Thanks hope to see many of ya'll soon!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Here we go, will see if this is VA Loan qualified, if so I am buying. I am a sucker for out buildings and 2100+sq' home with 2 out buildings and RV hookups for guests is right up my alley. wish me luck! This is off IH 35 between New Braunfels and Seguin IH 10 on Hwy 46 following the Guadalupe River. I do know this is hog hunting Central, anyone have anything else on the area?

135 CLEAR SPRINGS DR, New Braunfels, TX 78130 - Listing #: 1179687
Unrestricted! 4/2! 2 living areas! Workshop!

Awe man sorry to hear about the first deal falling through

The land out there is gorgeous around the hill country. Loads of fishing spots

My old roommate/ high school best friend has a lake house in Seguin on a wide, dammed off portion of the Guadalupe. We made countless trips there to wakeboard during the warmer months.

I lived in San Marcos for a couple years and we would go to new braunfels a lot to go to country music concerts and float the river. I could see where locals in new braunfels might have issues with tourists and college partiers not bein respectful to the land/community, but I've never lived in NB. San Marcos (bout 20 mins away) has the Big outlet mall, so mamma might like that. The San Marcos river, the Guadalupe, and the Comal rivers all run through there.

I meant to hit send on all that last night..

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks, Yeah I went to San Marcos when it was SWTSU and made it a year with a 0 GPA, talk about a party school! Looks like all is going well so far, property pretty mus meets the requirements and what need to be done the seller has said they will do. Realtor doing a walk thru on the phone w me today PM so will see more of the area and property. Google Earth is a 2012 satellite so not getting much from that. If the walk thru goes well we will make a contract on it, property is moving too fast to wait.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Property is moving fast. We are looking to down size and the realtor said she could sell my house in a day. Problem is we have no place to go right now! House around the Santa Fe area at most last 3 days now. Besides the people that want houses there are groups of middle easterns buying ALL SORTS of property and buying in bulk. Some they turn around and rent others are left empty?? The curious side of me is wondering what is going on here?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well in the Hill Country it is individuals buying, people getting out of the liberal cesspool San Antonio/Austin has become with their high taxes and liberal policies.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am buying not selling Brian...

We decided NO on this last property, so on the search again! I told her from College Station area to New Braunfels

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
And so goes the ups and downs of relocating. Hang in there Frank, something will turn up.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lookin up Frank, I ride through there quite often. In fact I just passed that place up a few weeks ago, if I am in the area I will stop by and check it out for you. No promises.

Overall not too busy like SA, but close enough to New Br to get some groceries and such. It can get a bit busy around there during the summer months due to Schlitterbahn Water Park, Natural Bridge Caverns, and River Floaters. But small potatoes compared to SA rush hour.

FYI alot of German Culture around that area, bring your lederhosen and cook up some fresh wienerschnitzel.
I used to,love to hang out in NB great BQ at the NB smoke house and the German food was good as well.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am buying not selling Brian...

We decided NO on this last property, so on the search again! I told her from College Station area to New Braunfels
Thake your time like I know you will and get what you are looking for in a house at your price. It is a sellers market right now. Are house prices in TX better than FL.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They seem to be about the same right now. I found a place in FL like I wanted pretty easily and more land for cheaper.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good luck on the continued hunt Frank. I don't envy ya (moving). The last time I moved was 23 yrs. ago.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks RD, I hate moving, this hopefully will be the last!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks RD, I hate moving, this hopefully will be the last!
LOL... I've always wanted to get out of the city... but with these two new jobs being so close to home... I may need to make friends with this ol' place yet.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If I worked that would be a consideration!

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Frank I am getting to the place of retiring. My thoughts is I am not happy. Love what I do and I could stay till I am 70 if I want to 7 years from now. But one of my closest work guys is 72 he now works as a contractor. Now has Liver Cancer. Made me step back. My wife hates her job with a new boss and if she decides to leave screws up our retirement plan. Damn it! Had a plan. She needs to be happy as well. Wish me luck. I wish you luck as well. It is a big deal to move and sell at our age.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yep, we are on a semi fixed and limited income, but are retired and no bosses, last move then who knows, have fun in a new place! Good Luck!