time to set the record straight

D

djones

to everyone who knew i was a force to be reckoned with, congratulations. to the nay sayers, i hope were still friends after im thru with yall.

off to the taxidermist now

Last edited by a moderator:

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Giving up so soon? What's wrong, is it past your bedtime?

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
to everyone who knew i was a force to be reckoned with, congratulations. to the nay dayers, i hope were still friends after im thru with yall.

off to the taxidermist now
So? How much IS it to have lice stuffed/mounted?

D

djones

ok... where to start? i know... how about a shooting demo...

y'all might remember a buddy i refer to as world champion because he's placed above some bench rest shooters from time to time who have made the world team. here's a pic of him tuning his load and fire forming some brass before a match last weekend.

wc_zpskydqju6s.jpg

after i shot some tactical and night rigs i asked to shoot his br gun. my very first time to shoot such a rifle, with a 2oz trigger i might add, i shot a .197. not too shabby for a hog hunter. note my group at the bottom right, next to the dime. w.c. tells me there are br shooters who have shot for years who haven't shot a group in the 1s. so yea, i can shoot... a little. too bad i don't now how to reload without blowing up a gun though, lol

br%20target_zpswptjrfco.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

djones

now mr w.c. just got back from new braunfels and somehow managed to place near the top of the leader board. actually, 4 of the top 5 are from our local br club. w.c. somehow came in first in grand agg. the number 2 man made the world team. now the way i see it, w.c won that match and i shot at least as well as w.c., therefore, the transitive property tells us what??? yea. you guessed it. say hello to mr universe.

plaque1_zps1wzq2z3t.jpg

plaque2_zpsj8qrnbdj.jpg

D

djones

now keep up with me... take that shooting skill, combine it with undisputed hog hunting prowess and apply it to turkeys. what you get is a 180 yard shot on a world class bird by a hunter/shooter at the top of his game, in the top of his field. this bird probably weighed about 65 lbs, had 4 inch spurs and a 14 inch beard.

to all you non believers who think all i do is destroy stuff, pay no attention to the shot up feeders in the back ground.

IMG_1599_zpsa8zpgo4v.jpg

ladies and gentlemen, mr universe....

IMG_1596_zpsjraggtui.jpg

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ok, did you shoot that w/o a lead sled? If so... nice chootin' there Kemosabe!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
now keep up with me... take that shooting skill, combine it with undisputed hog hunting prowess and apply it to turkeys. what you get is a 180 yard shot on a world class bird by a hunter/shooter at the top of his game, in the top of his field. this bird probably weighed about 65 lbs, had 4 inch spurs and a 14 inch beard.

to all you non believers who think all i do is destroy stuff, pay no attention to the shot up feeders in the back ground.

IMG_1599_zpsa8zpgo4v.jpg

ladies and gentlemen, mr universe....

IMG_1596_zpsjraggtui.jpg
Ok? Why did you shoot Mr. Universe (didn't know turkeys qualified for that status)?

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats on the bird. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. Still can't believe you couldn't hit that dime.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have an 18 inch Grendel in an AR with factory ammo that will shoot like that anytime of the day or night,, just sayin?? BANG BANG!!

Turkey at 300 yrds with half a dozen witnesses!! One of them was Mark Grinstead from this site??

Last edited:
D

djones

I have an 18 inch Grendel in an AR with factory ammo that will shoot like that anytime of the day or night,, just sayin?? BANG BANG!!
there was a guy on the benchrest forum that talked smack like that. one of the local boys invited to pay his travel and lodging to make good on his claim, for a small wager. that ended that.

but if you are the real deal, i'm sure w.c. will go easy on you cause we're friends and only punish you for say... $100 a target and loser pays expenses? remember, these are ten 5-shot groups. don't answer right away. i encourage to think about what you're getting into.

ps - feel free to ask OinK for his recommendation. he's seen the damage w.c. is capable of

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
there was a guy on the benchrest forum that talked smack like that. one of the local boys invited to pay his travel and lodging to make good on his claim, for a small wager. that ended that.

but if you are the real deal, i'm sure w.c. will go easy on you cause we're friends and only punish you for say... $100 a target and loser pays expenses? remember, these are ten 5-shot groups. don't answer right away. i encourage to think about what you're getting into.

ps - feel free to ask OinK for his recommendation. he's seen the damage w.c. is capable of
Can I use my 17wsm?

D

djones

lemme check. you sound like you're really 'in the know'. you're not a ringer are you?

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Health will not let me engage for such long periods. BUT,,,, Maybe something like 3 5 shot groups that states I can not get them all under sub MOA within stated parameters?? And we shoot cold barrel from the get go?? It would take me some doin to get to where ever so this aint happenin in a quick fashion. All BS aside I am a very good shot, and I can back up what I shoot at. I thought this was about you but if not that is fine too?? I like funnage!!! BANG BANG!!

And you would have to let me borrow your sled or we can both use what I shoot from which is a rest and a bean bag (Caldwell)?
PS: And,,, shots are to be inside bullseye not on edge or around but inside bullseye!!??

Last edited:

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Don't mess with The Curly Shuffle!! ACCURATE!! ACCURATE!!

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
ok...

.... i asked to shoot his br gun. my very first time to shoot such a rifle, with a 2oz trigger i might add, i shot a .197. 'from the 25 yard line' not too shabby for a hog hunter. note my group at the bottom right, next to the dime.
Fixed it fer ya...

br%20target_zpswptjrfco.jpg

DJ really - using a proven rifle belonging to a world class shooter, and from the 25 yard line, you should have put them all through the same hole - .001"
not .197"
- looks like it's time to go back to BR school. lol.

D

djones

.... I thought this was about you but if not that is fine too??
sorry. my mind drifted a bit. yes, you're right, this is about me. i got so caught up with the champion i forgot.

if you'll notice, he doesn't post here. not because he's too good or above all this, it's just that br shooters have heard the 'it'll shoot moa all day long' for so long it's not funny to them anymore. you won't find him posting here flaunting his score or trophies. none of them do. but i'm proud enough of him to do it and rib him just a little in the process.

but as for me... i think i've demonstrated i'm full of crap on everything. i did happen to shoot a pretty good group with a tuned gun and load. i did have to adjust for the wind, but i got lucky there.

so all this is to say beating me at shooting is no accomplishment. you've seen me in action, lol. but i'll send this link to the champ and he can get an acct here and pm you if he's interested. i will relegate myself to the sideline as a spectator.

however, i know him well enough to say he only considers a group to be a minimum of 5 shots. but you can probably fire all your shots at one target if you wish. but sub moa won't cut it. you'd better be sub quarter moa or you will be in a world of hurt.

and lawman... 17s are more than welcome. just remember, the wind is a little more than 5-6 mph here. after range time y'all can hunt hogs with whatever you want. he takes those bets too. y'all can work out the rules and details together. i just want enough notice to close a few jumbo trading accounts so i can get in on the action too!