time to set the record straight

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Rat and Chopper,

WTF? I hijacked this thread to promote the virtues of Tennessee whiskey, NOT Kentucky whiskey. I am still amazed that the knuckle dragging, toothless, sister screwing hillbillies of Kentucky were able to gain statehood before Tennessee, but that is beside the point.

BDubbs

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That other stuff is indeed fine, but it makes it hard to stay in the high seat of the meat wagon or on the back seat glassing over the top of the buggy, plus it makes one shoot like DJ!

D

djones

so... i got a 223, yea i know it won't kill a hog, but i think it might kill a turkey. do you think a fmj will leave a turkey fairly intact? i tested it on a rabbit, but i think he was too close... 40 yards.

ps - it's a serious question

20170426_202522_zpssahfntve.jpg

D

djones

wow. you guys are a big help. never mind. i'm just going to go ahead and use it. but don't start licking your chops thinking you're going to get a pic of a blown up turkey!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
223 has killed a gazillion hogs and a few turkeys I suspect. Looking forward to turkey carnage pics soon.

D

djones

223 has killed a gazillion hogs
snake, i'm going to place my thumb on your right temple and my middle finger on your left temple and apply sufficient pressure to get your mind right

and dubbs... that's a turkey buzzard feather. as soon as i find the number for the tbps hotline, i'm turning you in and you will lose your banner.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
snake, i'm going to place my thumb on your right temple and my middle finger on your left temple and apply sufficient pressure to get your mind right
You have big hands. 223 rocks, it is all you will ever need to harvest all game including African Big game, pygmies etc....

D

djones

reality check...

here's the turkey that was hit with the wildcat chambered in 17 destroyah. it utterly wreaked havoc on a feather or two. most likely took out all the lice in a two inch radius of the landing site.

turkey.JPG

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
C'mon DJ!!! Get it together man!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
reality check...

here's the turkey that was hit with the wildcat chambered in 17 destroyah. it utterly wreaked havoc on a feather or two. most likely took out all the lice in a two inch radius of the landing site.

View attachment 5029
You are supposed to shoot them in the head but we all understand why you didnt.

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
reality check...

View attachment 5029

By DJ's own account, seems he is using his 17 destroyah to eradicate lice only - no harm to any turkeys. LOL.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
By DJ's own account, seems he is using his 17 destroyah to eradicate lice only - no harm to any turkeys. LOL.
DJ needs a new banner: "Sus Lice" (in crosshair blue)

D

djones

i'll take any banner at this point. tday is the day i... i.... i.... KILL EVERYTHING!!!!!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
but can you hit it to kill it???