Florida Bear Hunting

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looks a lot like a Florida deer...could happen.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
But officer there was a deer in front of him that must have ducked the shot! Honest

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I would just say...clearly he has been eating all the deer around so just getting my venison pre chewed.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Frank I am sure if someone shot him for a deer they need to see the eye doctor or never say a word to,anyone.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is the best looking bear I have seen on the lease ever.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's just a plain fine bear, no matter where you're at.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Saw a thingy on the innerweb that New Jersey just started their 6 day hunt and a few guys whacked a couple already. Then on a side note there were a handful of idiots out there protesting that people should not hunt bears and people should bear proof their homes/build bear proof homes!! Always has to be someone out there!!! BANG BANG!! For some reason those type of folks I do not care that much for them!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Saw a thingy on the innerweb that New Jersey just started their 6 day hunt and a few guys whacked a couple already. Then on a side note there were a handful of idiots out there protesting that people should not hunt bears and people should bear proof their homes/build bear proof homes!! Always has to be someone out there!!! BANG BANG!! For some reason those type of folks I do not care that much for them!
Those kinds of people deserve to be bear-chow.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We had protesters here too, hundreds of them at all the meetings then the weigh in stations...it was stupid

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think what the report showed was the weigh station also but there were just a handful. Texas just passed a law a couple weeks ago as a Right to Hunt and Fish State and from what I understand other then the obvious is now people like those that show up and protest or protest hunts can now be arrested and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law!!! YYYIIPPPEEE!!! BANG BANG!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I don't mind them protesting, that is their right, just don't interfere

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yup,, I guess. To me they have to much time on their hands . I will let it go at that. That second protest above probably should have said interfere. Ah man we have had them over here even protest to fishing, recreational and commercial. 30 40 tears ago I do not remember people protesting hunting and fishing back then. Times have changed fo sure. BANG BANG!!!

I was thinking that bear on your lease Frank you should get in good with a few donut shops in the area and pick up their left overs every day and feed that blob of a bear and keep him there and get in the record books of all time!!!

Knew a guy in Canada that used donuts as the primary bait for his stands on his property, he would complain they would eat 40lbs or better of those dang things everyday. But he called them crullers. I got a good laugh from that guy.

Last edited:

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I do use bread from the day old bread store, you get 40 lbs for 4.50 and it lasts a long time in my barrels for storage at the lease. Sometimes they have the snack cakes as well as bread, works good for all animals.. I would buy a tag if I saw him in the area before the hunt.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Bears are just misunderstood. They are big and cuddly and want to be our friends if we don't harm them. Ask that hippie activist from S.F. who went to live with the grizzlies in Alaska. Oh Wait.....he and his girlfriend became dinner one night. Never mind.

Drift

LSB Member
Thinking about protests and demonstrations.
You can only demonstrate a thing in the light. In the dark , you are not demonstrating anything, you are rioting. The only people who can see you after dark are using thermal scopes or maybe 3rd generation IIT. Oh...I guess thats what most of this board is about... :)

Drift

LSB Member
Getting back to Fla bear hunting. Where I hunt, bear hunting is not legal. 5 years ago there were no bears there to hunt. This weekend the landowner told me he had 2 calfs killed by bears and another 3 killed by either coyotes or bears -he cuuldn't tell. I guess sooner or later, something will have to be done

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
He should be able to get FWC there to manage his problem, FL right?...I think as a livestock owner you can kill them?

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Seems bear are everywhere these days in eastern NC trophy bears and are eating all,year round.