Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well I'm sure that's a normal year here

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Deer, no tags, few rules, no reporting, take how many you want...they have no clue the # of deer taken each year, same w turkey.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
People go out and shoot as many deer as they can find. I shoot 1, maybe 2 a year. That's enough to fill the freezer

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes, I quit shooting anything that wasn't outside the ears years ago. Also quit shooting jakes, when I called in my first long beard. A total of 1 jake. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a snob and don't look down on people who do take spikes or jakes. It just doesn't do it for me any more. 2 years ago I called in 3 jakes from over 300 yds away, the guy I was hunting with shot one, I didn't realize he had never taken a turkey. He was as happy as if it had a 10" beard and 2" spurs, when I found out it was his first bird I was just as happy also. Not to mention he took it with one of my custom tungsten loads. It was a great day. The only bird taken all weekend by 8-10 hunters.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I saw that the Bear hunt only lasted 2 days instead of 1 week. Almost 300 Bears were culled in just the 2 days, that ought to tell them something. BANG BANG!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We got 80+ out of our area the quota was 40 so we had a 1 day hunt. Basically the last survey in our area was 2002 and the State responds to 120 bears killed on the hiway, so there has not been a reliable count to set to quota, they are everywhere. The reported kills were tagged and counted, I am betting there is a sizable count of non reported bears taken.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Here is the largest in our area and I think the state that was taken in the 2 day bear season.

An Eastpoint, Florida hunter tagged a mighty bruin in the state’s panhandle that weighed just under 500 pounds.
Randy Segree, the hunter that tagged the big eight-foot boar said “On the first morning of the 2015 bear hunt I did not have to go far”

The Franklin County bear was one of what many in the area call “community bears” or bears that roam freely in and around the town.
The big bruin was part of Florida’s recent statewide bear hunt to help thin populations of bears around the state.

The hunt had a set limit of 300 animals statewide and yielded that amount in the first 48 hours.

Thomas Eason, FWC’s top bear expert said “We heard reports of 500-plus pound bears”

1apalachtimes.jpg

1fb.woodsnwatermagazine..jpg

THE END
Harvested Florida Panhandle Bear Weighs in at a Whopping 486 Pounds - Wide Open Spaces

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Big Blackie there. Fine beast.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What a trophy, especially for a warm climate like Florida!!

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Eastern NC is getting known for trophy black bear. In years back the east part of the state grew cotton and tobacco. Since no more subsidies on tobacco the farmers have switched to corn and soybeans. Bears are eating year round and not hibernating. The reason the are getting so plentiful and big.​

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This is a bear on our lease right now, 4 feeders down...a butterball

12346474_1653743834905296_4157449851374166018_n.jpg

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This is a bear on our lease right now, 4 feeders down...a butterball

12346474_1653743834905296_4157449851374166018_n.jpg
That's a big boy. Choot 'im, CHOOT 'im Frank ! Some great snausage there.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah the season ran 2 days, we cannot hurt them now just watch them destroy our gear

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Bust him in 2 days make a great rug. Miss understood season is over dang to bad. It's a big one!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Signage: "Warning: Due to wild boars doing damage to gear, this feeder is electrically charged to deter wild boars from messing with it."

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is just a SLOB of a bear!!! DANG!!! BANG BANG!!
Next year even bigger, better get him next time??

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
With a 1-2-3 day season I am thinking he will be there a long time. Normally they pass thru and leave but this one has been here a couple weeks. Now with the start of deer season on the 12th I would hate he be mistaken for a deer.