Florida Bear Hunting

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah looks like they will give us a 1 week limited season this year,,,big whoop!

Hogdaddy

St. Petersburg, Florida
Better than what I was told last year. Also, this guy keeps leaving little notes at the base of my ladder, like "love your hams"...Bear Ugly.jpg

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah also interesting is only certain areas and not sure of the cost yet, so unless I can get one that week the $$ are pissed away. We have bears come thru but not all the time so worthless for our lease.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice looking Bear. That's a real "ladder" stand.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It won't be long before they need them managed better. Season will open up after a few years

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
$350 for 2 gators and you have to hook and then bang stick them, no guns shooting them

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's pricey too. I guess a gator is worth some money though. I assume.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Gator isn't that tuff. I got 2 last year

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
lets see a week, a hundred bucks and 2000 acres, can only hunt daytime and 100 yds away from bait...unless they are hitting our feeders at just that time...no way, most of the observations have been at night too.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm putting in for tags again this year. I also have a few friends that put in for them as well. This year my friend said I can use his boat

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
S
lets see a week, a hundred bucks and 2000 acres, can only hunt daytime and 100 yds away from bait...unless they are hitting our feeders at just that time...no way, most of the observations have been at night too.
Sounds like maybe they are making it convenient for people who know where the problem bears are hanging out already.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I have lived and played in the swamps down in LA all my life. I have a brother in law and a nephew that each get about 50 tags a year and I have NEVER gotten to go gator hunting. Life just isn't fair.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I lived in Casselberry, Florida, outside Orlando for a winter. People said there was a big gator scaring people on this pond. I said I would go down and see about him. Tough guy. It was right at dusk, I was slowly walking along the shore and he popped out of the water right next to me. Scared the snot out of me, I was trucking the other way, it was getting dark too.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have lived and played in the swamps down in LA all my life. I have a brother in law and a nephew that each get about 50 tags a year and I have NEVER gotten to go gator hunting. Life just isn't fair.
They should have helicopter gator hunting

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If they would allow guns shooting them I am in, we have them on our lease a nice 12' killed an 8' 3 years ago but the county I am in has no tags.

Here is our small female that has had babies the last 2 years.

PICT0010.jpg

Last edited: