Feral Hog Poison

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ok guys I have a few State reps that I hunt with and are personal friends. They can overturn Sid's decision but it has to filed before March 10th there has to be people who call in and voice their concerns.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have contacted Sid Miller myself as well and will continue to do so.
According to my State rep friend they can do it just needs enough people to call about it. I would still give Sid an earful though.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
OK they are putting these feeders into crop fields, what about the poison dropping out of the feeder then going in the ground then into say the peanuts and contaminating the crop? not to mention the ground water? I am sorry but there is enough poison in the crops and farm land already. I cannot believe a farmer would intentionally allow his land to be poisoned, that could be worse than the hog damage.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
According to my State rep friend they can do it just needs enough people to call about it. I would still give Sid an earful though.
I sent an email hopefully not too long but long enough to express our concerns! I will also call.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
me too and I don't even live there anymore but we need this to stop and not go to other states

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Emails have been sent, voice-mail left, I've touched based with local guys who have bigger gov contacts, going to make phone calls during business hours next week.

Let's keep this ball rolling.

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You too Dan, Curly, Afalex.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I signed it. I received a call today from an older man who is a well known trapper in these parts and was at a meeting a couple weeks ago and Fish and Game said that they had just heard about this and that they were not informed until recently of the changes. Not sure I buy it but if so why so late coming to the knowledge of such a big deal?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I signed it. I received a call today from an older man who is a well known trapper in these parts and was at a meeting a couple weeks ago and Fish and Game said that they had just heard about this and that they were not informed until recently of the changes. Not sure I buy it but if so why so late coming to the knowledge of such a big deal?

They were keeping it quiet for this exact reason. Someone got a huge under the table donation from the poison company.

Lone Star Boars Facebook alone has had over 70k people click on this and over 600 shares now. I have a feeling it's going to be a bad week for the Ag commissoner.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Tues his phone will be jammed up with lawmakers and lawyers, there will be no poison I am betting..Abbott has even been contacted

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Gonna be calling those you have gave us contact info on Tuesday. I imagine they're all closed today. Also I have some friends around here that are ranchers and make a good bit of their income trapping hogs to sale. They'll for sure give the state reps and ear full.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Gonna be calling those you have gave us contact info on Tuesday. I imagine they're all closed today. Also I have some friends around here that are ranchers and make a good bit of their income trapping hogs to sale. They'll for sure give the state reps and ear full.
I have found very few people that deal in livestock that support this. Hell we find the hogs laying in the cattle protein feeders.

Also from what I've read rats that eat warfin while pregnant and don't die the young are then highly resistant. If rats can do that you know hogs will. This is a bad idea all the way around.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The hogs CAN be controlled by shooters and trappers, poison has failed and had unintended results every time it is attempted. A more effective result would be IF the landowners would work with eradicators and trappers instead of fighting them. Also if the wildlife officials would stop the unnecessary regs on public land and allow night hunting and open seasons. It would also be helpful instead of poisoning the environment a bounty and or a market for the meat would be established...so as Sportsmen we SHOULD support the Petition!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'll tell you one thing, if there is even the slightest suspicion that they are using this anywhere near me, I will never eat or give the meat away again. I'm not sure how I can be sure it isn't being used on someone's land in my area. Kind of makes me a bit paranoid, it's a matter of not trusting if I am being told the truth or not.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah they will lie about it being used, very dangerous