LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
OneK Peace Brother

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I hate to hear that. You are one of my favorites.

Back to the original thread....

You know what they say about opinions...................everybody's got one. But with all the banter and back and forth on who has the biggest balls or shoots the most hogs it all boils down to what the farmer does not what we think. He gets the last say no matter what! And whatever decision he makes is the right decision because its his ass that's in a sling not ours.

I love and respect every one on this forum and this is the best forum I've ever been on and I sure don't mind if someone disagrees with me on any issue.
Sound wisdom sir! You're like an alien predator Buddha

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I've stayed out of the poison debate until now. I can see both sides too, but I'm no longer a farmer/rancher but a wanna be hog killer. My only question is: How the hell do think that the government will be able to manage this program without it turning out bad when every other program of this type has failed? Remember the coyote poisoning program. How did that turn out?

BDubbs

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I hate to hear that. You are one of my favorites.

Back to the original thread....

You know what they say about opinions...................everybody's got one. But with all the banter and back and forth on who has the biggest balls or shoots the most hogs it all boils down to what the farmer does not what we think. He gets the last say no matter what! And whatever decision he makes is the right decision because its his ass that's in a sling not ours.

I love and respect every one on this forum and this is the best forum I've ever been on and I sure don't mind if someone disagrees with me on any issue.
All very true, but DJ and his rifle stock are still ugly

D

djones

Also, keep in mind that it is hard to interpret nonverbal comms in written text.
what exactly do you mean by that?

What area do you hunt in?
mostly in OinK's backyard, but he may not want me to give the location

Especially DJ!
don't think for a moment this will get you off the hook for stealing my staff position

Just one of the reasons you don't see me here that often anymore.
c'mon gilly put on your big boy pants and walk it off

Big_Boy.jpg

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
D

djones

We kill anywhere from 800-1200 hogs a year
it's not that your claim isn't believable, but there are rules. and OinK's staff position has gone to his head. he will surely enforce the 'trust but verify' clause. just show me a pic of 100 and we'll call it good.

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
it's not that your claim isn't believable, but there are rules. and OinK's staff position has gone to his head. he will surely enforce the 'trust but verify' clause. just show me a pic of 100 and we'll call it good.
Lol I don't have a photo of a 100 dead..I probably do have some video some where of 200ish in a field. We run on average 3-4 hunts a week killing at least 2-4 hogs on a slow night. On an average night we'll kill 6-10 and then when we go out for a fun hunt we'll kill around 20-30 usually.

Last March we had a helicopter come in for a little over a week. I wanna say we killed ~600-700 pigs and 97 coyotes.

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lol I haven't been able to hunt much lately though because of work. Hopefully soon I'll go stack up some more hogs.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
what a waste

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Miller has informed the Legislature that $900,000 in TDA’s budget previously earmarked for feral hog control research will no longer be necessary as a result of this rule change and has asked that the appropriation be removed from the current TDA budget pending before the Legislature.

From Alex's article. So now that poison is available, Texas will no longer be trying to figure out how to deal with hogs. Sounds like a really stupid approach.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This will end up damaging Texas as unintended consequences of their actions...never trust the Government is my first thought.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Agree with Frank and Brian. It sounds like the gov has decided to abandon funding in light of the poison becoming available. Kind of a slap in the face to the farmers/ranchers.

"Hey guys. Here is a poison you can buy to kill hogs. Oh wait, you have to pay for your license, classes, or have someone supervise your use of it and pay them to help. We don't want to pay for anything anymore. By the way, we don't know own all of the second and third consequences yet. Good luck! We hope you don't kill any of your trophy whitetail at $5K+ a head or your $3K+ a head cattle. Oh yeah, who cares about the multi-million $ hunting industry and all the jobs surrounding it"

-Only the best
You TX Gov