Today Was a GOOD Day.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Got laid off from my job nearly a year ago. It's been a pretty tough year financially, but, a great one... in that I've dropped over 100 lbs. and 12" off my waist.

Been kind of reluctant at chasing a new job at bending nails. My bones aren't as young as they used to be for a younger man's game. But, ya do what ya know.

I'd posted my resume on "Indeed". It's a job searching tool (online). The last couple of weeks have been pretty busy. I have an interview for one of the places I applied for. It's a carpentry/remodel position... have an interview on Monday. I turned down one invite for an interview after finding out the location of the position. They have two locations, one isn't TOO bad, the other would be a NIGHTMARE of a daily commute, and this position is at the latter of the two. I hadn't applied with them, they sought me out after seeing my resume posted on Indeed.

Well... another position fell into my lap to consider. Once again, their search parameters brought them to me. The company only hires former LEO for this position, and my background as a LEO meets 1/2 of the training qualifications for the job. I went in for an interview today and nailed the job. I have a few weeks' worth of training to complete, and they'll do a background check on me... but, once completed, will have a Certification with the State of Washington to begin work as a Driver's Training Instructor.

Another favorable aspect is... the office location closest to me (about 2 miles) is one they're desperate to have instructors working at.

I may still do some nail-bending work... but, as I get older, this is a nice job to be able to lean on more. Some class room teaching, and some in-vehicle instruction/evaluation... young people, as well as adults relocating and needing training to gain a driver's license here. It's looking like full-time is doable (due to the local office's situation), but, I'm free to scale back to part-time also. Options are very nice.

I'm reminded to remain thankful. The Good Lord can open doors unseen to us.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congratulations! Good for you!!! Glad to read that there.. Thanks for sharing.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Amen R.D.! Happy for you brother!

Pootie

Santa Fe, TX
LoneStarBoars Supporter
but, once completed, will have a Certification with the State of Washington to begin work as a Driver's Training Instructor.

Another favorable aspect is... the office location closest to me (about 2 miles) is one they're desperate to have instructors working at.

I may still do some nail-bending work... but, as I get older, this is a nice job to be able to lean on more. Some class room teaching, and some in-vehicle instruction/evaluation... young people, as well as adults relocating and needing training to gain a driver's license here. It's looking like full-time is doable (due to the local office's situation), but, I'm free to scale back to part-time also. Options are very nice.

I'm reminded to remain thankful. The Good Lord can open doors unseen to us.

Congratulations and Thank You Lord! Don't forget to buckle up and keep a sharp eye on those trainees!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks guys. Been a long dark tunnel... so nice to see light from inside it.

LOL... yeah. I'm already hearing that some... do NOT get out of a parking lot on their first couple of lessons.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats RD, sounds like an easier job for an old man but still dangerous...lol. Great on losing the weight, proud of you!! Things will work out I am sure!!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Congratulations on the weight RD. I could sure lose some of that weight too, but my wife is such a darn good cook that it just isn't in the cards. Glad you found a job that won't wear out the body any faster than necessary. The nerves might be a different story though.

Navygator

LSB Active Member
I am happy for you with regards to the job, but even more so about the pounds and inches lost. I know awhile back we had traded comments on green smoothies, sounds like you are still keeping those good habits alive. It all starts with a sound mind and body.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I took a bit of a break from the smoothies, but just bought stuff for making them yesterday. Time for some more of those puppies.

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I took a bit of a break from the smoothies, but just bought stuff for making them yesterday. Time for some more of those puppies.
that is outstanding.

Tremendous weight loss and a new job

very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great news and congratulations on both Ratdog!

rrv333

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
When it rains, it pours. Had an interview yesterday for a lead carpenter's position. The company has two branches, construction/handyman. The Mgr. from each branch interviewed me yesterday. Thursday I'm invited back for a second tier interview (by the construction Mgr.). This one sounds pretty good as well... a Mon-Fri 0800-1700 type job.

If I manage to land this also... I'm going to be one busy Jose for a spell. Thankfully, the Driver's Training Instructor position is more part-time (make your own schedule) than a regimented position. And... something else I can fall back on in coming years.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
When it rains, it pours. Had an interview yesterday for a lead carpenter's position. The company has two branches, construction/handyman. The Mgr. from each branch interviewed me yesterday. Thursday I'm invited back for a second tier interview (by the construction Mgr.). This one sounds pretty good as well... a Mon-Fri 0800-1700 type job.

If I manage to land this also... I'm going to be one busy Jose for a spell. Thankfully, the Driver's Training Instructor position is more part-time (make your own schedule) than a regimented position. And... something else I can fall back on in coming years.
Hope the good news keeps rolling in!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great news RD..Best of Luck!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Second tier interview this morning... nailed it !! For the immediate, a nail-bender spot, but says he wants to move me into a lead position after a trial period. Full-time, bennies kick in after a spell, and a matching 401K. So, gonna be one busy Jose here shortly... between this, and the part-time Driver's Instructor job too. I can rejoin the human race once again. Big sigh of relief.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
CONGRATS RD

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats, thats great!