Thermal PVS-7

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
First field test of the panning system was a success. Unfortunately I was too caught up in watching it cautiously walk in that I didn't end up with time to get to a spot to make a shot before it wandered off......

The camera was setup on top of the feeder and I was positioned about 200 yards away. I may need to rethink not having a tilt mechanism as once the animals went under the feeder I could no longer see them. This vantage point did allow me to see animals approaching from different directions than I could from where I was actually sitting.

Speed is 4x real time to keep you from being bored watching a very cautious hog walk in. While the servo does make a slight noise, it didn't seem to spook the hog or the deer that came around.....

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well that looked great, how about mounting on a stake in the ground 3-4' high?
s-l225.jpg

I have the old heavy ones from moultrie and that flat pan is moveable to flat on top?

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well that looked great, how about mounting on a stake in the ground 3-4' high?
s-l225.jpg

I have the old heavy ones from moultrie and that flat pan is moveable to flat on top?
Something like that would work great! This test I needed something higher as the weeds were pretty tall currently. I'm also looking at a tripod light stand that will extent between 3-9 feet as well, just need to test sturdiness too.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
well moultrie has a new one now and you stabilize with guy lines, check them out on google or moultrie...or a camera tripod with staked legs for stability