The Thermal Junkie

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sounds like you have a lot of free time on your hands – you should consider adopting a shoat.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sounds like you have a lot of free time on your hands – you should consider adopting a shoat.
Speaking of shoats..." I just happen to have one on the truck with me today"
Crazy family that bought Chopper is bringing him back today!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
My name is Ed. I quit night vision hunting and have my feeders only spinning day time hours! :)

You sir, are in the denial stages of this disease. Keep on sharing with us and you will come to see that you are wrestling with this epidemic the same as the rest of us. It's ok. We all went through this phase too.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
you have chopper back??? OK

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Same here, too bad I have killed most of them at my age but here is hoping!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Speaking of shoats..." I just happen to have one on the truck with me today"
Crazy family that bought Chopper is bringing him back today!
Get_20to_20the_20Choppa.jpg

Duffy

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This thread is hilarious! Bought my Gen 3 scope 2 years ago and all I've done is shop for a handheld since. Itching bad for a thermal spotter! Hopefully soon!

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Do I have to admit I have a problem? Its not like I'm out every day using my new thermal.... Just every other day or so. So what if it's been less then 24 hours. Its not like I'm missing any work. Plus I never drive and look through the scope at the same time. That just isn't safe. & what's the big deal about spending five grand on something? People blow that kind of money every year on beer! I just don't understand what all the fuss is about. PS just got in the external battery pack... its rated for like 20 hours of use, not to mention the DVR just came in too. Video is sweet. But ya, I could put it down any time I wanted. Honest I could.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I own an X-Sight, flawless Pinnacle tubed PVS-14 with 3x magnifier and Eotech, L3 Thermal-eye monocular and Armasight 640 Zeus thermal scope.

Hi, I'm Dave, I looked at new offerings of thermal scopes just hours ago trying to figure out how I can afford another one. I don't have a problem, I believe everyone else does that doesn't have these because not sure how they can hunt hogs without this stuff.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dang I have real bad. Started with PVS a 14 moved to W-1000 and now Zeus 3 640. It sure is a lot of fun. Only wish I was in a rich target environment of hogs. Then on top of the problem is my BGD Is still in high gear. Did promise wife I would seek consuling. I think range time will help me.
My name is Rob and I use w-1000 every night to,scan field for yotes and love watching all the deer I am still,feeding.

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Uhm, first the gateway PVS14 & Eotech, just got a X320 spotter, other browser pages currently opened for various thermal weapon sights.

Hi I'm CJ, and guilty as heck....

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It is easy to just get counseling for the wife.
Counseling sessions for the wife cost around seven thousand dollars.
These sessions are to make her happy, and are covered by insurance.
So doesn't it make sense that if I can find something for around seven thousand dollars, that makes me happy, that it should also be covered by insurance?

Just saying

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Counseling sessions for the wife cost around seven thousand dollars.
These sessions are to make her happy, and are covered by insurance.
So doesn't it make sense that if I can find something for around seven thousand dollars, that makes me happy, that it should also be covered by insurance?

Just saying
And, with a very LOW deductible.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
hahah .. good thread.

I work for a defense contractor and they manufacturer thermal weapon sights. This was back in 06 - 07 when they started cranking out the first Gen 1 TWS for the military. They had a few extra that were demo units and people could check out. Been using it on and off since then as a spotter. My night setup was a pvs-14 behind an eotech. I used that setup for a while and it worked well on clear nights but for some reason where I hunt it's cloudy all the time now.

I could see the hogs in open fields but when I turned on the IR in tall grass or wooded areas, I wasn't able to see them. I mounted the TWS on my rifle about a year ago and the PVS-14 has been collecting dust since.

Blessed to be able to have access to that type of equipment.

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've succumbed to peer pressure. I thought, sure..... it's just a PVS-14, I'll have some fun with it and it'll let me hang out with the cool kids.

Well now I've picked up an IR Hunter mk2 and the drug has taken its hold. That feeling of "I know exactly what's in that field" is addicting.

I met up with BigRedDog, I'd say my new street dealer but he tends to hang out in BBQ establishments and he showed me the good stuff. Next thing I know, I'm driving around the outskirts of downtown Houston searching the parks and underpasses with my new toy for the wearers of the elusive "Urban Ghillie Suit". Better known as bums staying warm.........