The DARKSIDE 300 BLACKOUT.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Not that it "should" be done, but it definitely "can" be done.
I watched a video the other day of a guy dropping pretty decent pigs DRT with 22LR subs. Not 100yd shots, not moving, and obviously shot placement is key.
Surely a 300 super with the 125 SST's is exponentially better than that...

Yea I drop a large boar at 60 yards with a sub 22lr in this video below. Earhole shot if you miss the ear or eye at that range the bullet just sticks in the skull. Just because it can be done does not mean it should be done.:eek:

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL... my grandfather used to hunt bears (in the Arctic) with a rolling block, breech load .22 rifle. Dad told me his dad always preached "shoot 'em in the ear." (Gramps was nuts!!! LOL) Nice kill.

Steve

LSB Member
Sure and Ill one up it ill get a 6.5 Grendel and shoot them side by side. Not saying the Grendel is bad its close but the 6.8 outperforms it in a shorter barrel. Every chart I have found online either shows a 16" 6.8 vs a 20" 6.5 G or shows a 6.8 with anemic factory ammo loaded to spec I specs. The spec I chamber was purposely botched by Remington. Ammo manufactures load to spec I just in case someone still has one, kinda like most 45/70 ammo is loaded for old trap doors. If you get ammo loded for 6.8spc II chambers it well outperforms the 6.5G

For example 6.5G 16" barrel shoots 120gr nosler ballistic tip at a muzzle velocity of 2450 while my 6.8 barrels in spec II shoot the 120sst at 2650fps avg mv.

That sure isn't the info from charts and graphs that I have seen....here is a visual, explain to me how the 6.8 out performs 6.5 within 300 yards.

Attachments

• IMG_2061.JPG
    IMG_2061.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 17

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That sure isn't the info from charts and graphs that I have seen....here is a visual, explain to me how the 6.8 out performs 6.5 within 300 yards.
Did you even read what I wrote??? That is one of the charts I'm talking about. That is ammo loaded for spec I chamber it is very underpowered.

The Grendel fan boys post that crap like it's gospel lol.

Steve

LSB Member
Did you even read what I wrote??? That is one of the charts I'm talking about. That is ammo loaded for spec I chamber it is very underpowered.

The Grendel fan boys post that crap like it's gospel lol.

LOL Touche, a 6.8 fan boy can always try and skew the numbers to make everyone believe the 6.8 is better than the 6.5 HA!

D

djones

doode, i noticed you don't have any banners. if you ever thought about getting some, you can forget it now.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL Touche, a 6.8 fan boy can always try and skew the numbers to make everyone believe the 6.8 is better than the 6.5 HA!
Ummm no again there is no skewing numbers here just facts.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
doode, i noticed you don't have any banners. if you ever thought about getting some, you can forget it now.
Banners lol nah I would never do that. Ability to post yes but never banners skew on that for a while. HA

I despise missinformation.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This thread makes me feel much better about the 300BLK 10.5" pistol I built. I wasn't sure what the hell I was going to do with it at first.
I'll buy a Grendel and compare baxk on track to the original topic now. For me a short barrel is the main biggest attraction of the blackout.

AKay

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lawman,

What kind of spring and buffer are you going to run in your 10.5" blackout?

boatdriver1790

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I'll buy a Grendel and compare baxk on track to the original topic now. For me a short barrel is the main biggest attraction of the blackout.

I originally used an 8.5" KAK barrel. I quickly found out that you get what you pay for. My groups at 75yds were over five inches!!! I swapped it out for a 10.5" Rainier Arms Match barrel in stainless. Sub moa.

AKay

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I originally used an 8.5" KAK barrel. I quickly found out that you get what you pay for. My groups at 75yds were over five inches!!! I swapped it out for a 10.5" Rainier Arms Match barrel in stainless. Sub moa.

What bullet are you using? Spring and buffer?

Steve

LSB Member
Banners lol nah I would never do that. Ability to post yes but never banners skew on that for a while. HA

I despise missinformation.

That's great but you are wrong lol.....exact comparison with identical like rounds the 6.8 does NOT out perform the 6.5 Grendel
Make up some more skewed loads

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lawman,

What kind of spring and buffer are you going to run in your 10.5" blackout?
I do not know I'll see what they put in them from the factory. And go from there.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's great but you are wrong lol.....exact comparison with identical like rounds the 6.8 does NOT out perform the 6.5 Grendel
I've been told I'm coming across as to serious and not fun. So lighten up Francis.

D

djones

i'm on 'team screwed'... i mean 'skewed'. get him. i got your back!!!
popcorn_zpsbzyipy5c.gif

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Now that was fun and less threatening! We all know the 6.8 beats the grendel in under 300 yds and why. Only the grendel fan boys think differently so loets keep beating up the 300wtf just for fun as is the topic of this thread!

D

djones

i think i have one of thoz barrels, a mr. blonde or something. never sighted it in. just lined up the flashlight and gopro for drive by window shooting. daddy like!!