The DARKSIDE 300 BLACKOUT.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No Im not dropping the 6.8, yes I am going to be shooting a LOT more 300 Blackout. It fills a very nice area espevically in the SBR arena after hunting with guys using 10" barrels I had to get my own.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm sad .... : ** (

Haha .. actually good vid and good hogs down!!

Last edited:

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
So your saying that . . . NOW . . . FINALLY . . . we can openly admit that we actually kill hogs usung a 300BLK (and have been for years).
Some have over here in Flah-Dah anyway. And BTW . . . we have been,and still are,using the Barnes 110gr "black tips". And now that the 130gr Barnes bullets have been released as "pulls" . . . . the ones used in Remingtons 300BLK Hog Hammer . . . . they have alot of promise also. Especially out of the 16" bbled guns @2200fps. Gotta hit bone going in for proper expansion though.
This is a pic of a Barnes 110gr black tip that we recovered from a 200lb hog. Hit shoulder going in,found just behind shoulder on opposite side.
Good Hunting to all. ---- pruhdlr
20150406_223459-1.jpg

Last edited:

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Oh yes, the Barnes blacktip. Good choice for the blackout.

My attention span in poor service area is very low when the video doesn't play instantly. I skipped through to the money shot parts.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So your saying that . . . NOW . . . FINALLY . . . we can openly admit that we actually kill hogs usung a 300BLK (and have been for years).
Some have over here in Flah-Dah anyway. And BTW . . . we have been,and still are,using the Barnes 110gr "black tips". And now that the 130gr Barnes bullets have been released as "pulls" . . . . the ones used in Remingtons 300BLK Hog Hammer . . . . they have alot of promise also. Especially out of the 16" bbled guns @2200fps. Gotta hit bone going in for proper expansion though.
This is a pic of a 277lb one shot kill using my RARR shooting the Barnes factory loaded 110gr black tips.
Good Hunting to all. ---- pruhdlr
Added: Sorry . . for some reason I am unable to upload the pic. Will try later.
The true test will be on running hogs.

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
even a 22LR or pellet will kill hogs with perfect placement so the limited # TLM has shot standing still is no real test. Is the 300 the best choice? No ...Will it kill in a standing ear/neck shot? yes....is is a better choice than the 6.8? Hell NO

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Because of the behavior of Slithers... I would never own a .300 WTF.

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
My buddy shoots the black tips in a SBR and thru a can,loaded super. Seems that we can hear the hit better with this bullet than a couple others that he has tried.
Even coming out a SBR at 2100 or so,the optimal expansion will still be out to 275'ish.
This pic is of the FACTORY black tip load out of my RARR. --- pruhdlr20160111_125146.jpg

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Because of the behavior of Slithers... I would never own a .300 WTF.
I'm not going to let one moron dictate what I use. Does it have the power of a 6.8 no but it does hit with authority out of a short barreled rifle I found the 6.8 lacking in that department. Not to mention it's very quiet and easy, cheap and fun to shoot.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
It works fine for the still shots. Just curious to see how it does when you get into a bunch that are moving. I hope it works and it is fun to play with the different calibers.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It works fine for the still shots. Just curious to see how it does when you get into a bunch that are moving. I hope it works and it is fun to play with the different calibers.
It has to do better that DJ I have faith!

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
First two hogs I ever finally connected to while running happened to many moons ago with my black out. Using black tips, both of them dropped in their tracks at about 75 yards almost on top of each other. Between the two of them, they probably wait come bind over 300 pounds?

They were running across a muddy field which slowed their movement down considerably so it wasn't quite as hard of a shot as other moving targets might be.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
First two hogs I ever finally connected to while running happened to many moons ago with my black out. Using black tips, both of them dropped in their tracks at about 75 yards almost on top of each other. Between the two of them, they probably wait come bind over 300 pounds?

They were running across a muddy field which slowed their movement down considerably so it wasn't quite as hard of a shot as other moving targets might be.
I've already had one run 30 yards another run 15 yards after being hit. The judgment will come from what happens after a gut shot. More often than not a 6.8 wI'll still knock them over, we will see what the blackout does.