SUS the hard way

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
You can also learn enough to get brain cramps from 6.8forums.com. But, it's easier to get put in time out over there. The moderators don't have as good of a sense of humor. Lol

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
A Creedmoor in an 18 would work BUT,,,, it is going to be heavy much more than the 6.8 plus they tend to kick a bit more also. A friend just built one with a 20 inch barrel and it is to heavy for me, ( that is not saying much) I do not like to carry heavy things anymore it is not fun. Creedmoor and Grendel are the same just a bunch more powder in the Creed.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Curly, you are right and the reason I am light and compact w the 6.8. just the perfect balance for me. Then when you put these heavy thermals and suppressors on your rig at least you are as light as you can be with an effective caliber

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great stuff Dax, that was just fun!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I vote the SUS banner with a stars to show double or more ways or times they did it

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I vote the SUS banner with a stars to show double or more ways or times they did it
Not anytime soon sometimes I have a hard time keeping up with the one banner I thought Dax already had one.

D

djones

You can also learn enough to get brain cramps from 6.8forums.com. But, it's easier to get put in time out over there. The moderators don't have as good of a sense of humor. Lol
i'm sure there are many fine folks there, but in my old age i've found that i've grown particular about who i insult, and y'all keep me pretty busy!

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Part deux tonight... Getting off at 2200 and heading to a new place by floresville that is "infested" with hogs. Might even run the 5.56 with pulsar jus to get some video through it... Made a short cable for it yesterday. Friday the 13th , hopefully be bad luck for some hogs. Detective I'm hunting with sent me a file with bunch of videos from last year... Numerous videos with 30+ hogs. Told him about this forum, but he's undercover narcotics and strict policy on posting anything public from those guys. I'll see if I can post um.

D

djones

... If you are going to buy one I suggest the LWRC...

are you effin kidding me??? 2 large for just the upper??? maybe if i had been born rich instead of good looking... and that's a MAYBE!!!
6.8%20spc%20II_zpsrm6hlvym.jpg

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
************** for the 6.8 they cannot be beat!

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
are you effin kidding me??? 2 large for just the upper??? maybe if i had been born rich instead of good looking... and that's a MAYBE!!!
Wilson combat barrel approx $275, bolt about $75... Roll your own.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good luck and kill them all tonight. Look forward to a great video. Many *** in 6.8 but love to shoot my LWRC Razorback just a little heavy.

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Yea I built my entire 6.8 rifle with an *** bolt and barrel for less than 1500 including the optics. I didn't go as cheap as possible either.

I mean day optics...

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I got a Wilson combat barrel and very happy with it, would have been an *** but they didn't have the one I wanted in stock at the time. The guy I hunt with has a Wilson combat, got his new Zeus pro last week. We sighted it in jus before a hunt. Took cardboard, poked a hole and put a cigarette in it. He hit the cigarette on 4th shot at 75 yds.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
+1 on an *** barrel/bolt... heck, if you don't wanna build it yourself, have Eric do it for ya (Blackstone Arms). He uses *** barrels. My *** upper is sub 1/2 MOA at 100 with six shots off a bi-pod.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I didn't say they were cheap. That's why I built my own with an *** barrel. I get higher velocities with the 5R rifling. And very accurate.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Sorry Dax for highjacking your thread. Lets take this somewhere else guys.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I got a Wilson combat barrel and very happy with it, would have been an *** but they didn't have the one I wanted in stock at the time. The guy I hunt with has a Wilson combat, got his new Zeus pro last week. We sighted it in jus before a hunt. Took cardboard, poked a hole and put a cigarette in it. He hit the cigarette on 4th shot at 75 yds.
A new way to look at zeroing a thermal. My Zeus 3 jus had a firmware up grade. Don't smoke but a good idea. I will say Armasight received my scope this Wednesday and shipped back on Friday that is amazing customer support!