SUS the hard way

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
image.jpeg
Good night after work. 16 total and 10 on my end. Would have got more but had a weapon malfunction. Video on the way. Heading home through a good thunderstorm. Got some piglets exploding... And one sow at 175 yds on the run. Had to be 30 in that field, gonna count when I do the video.

Last edited:

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's a lot-o-pork! Good job Dax!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Bacon! It's what's for breakfast! Great night. Can't wait to see the video.

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm planting wheat as I type.... Ok not really but I should be. Awesome job, great pile photo!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
And, a bunch of fun had there !! Should be some good video. Congrats. Make yer submission to the Sus Venator thread too.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
way to go, that is a lot of bacon all at 1 time!

D

djones

HOLY SUS!!! YOU'RE BATMAN!!!!

sus_zpscrghniyw.jpg

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
good haul!! can't wait for the video

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
WOW!! Just noticed a couple of the smaller ones, looked like one had a severe headache and the other one abdominal troubles on ya and one maybe clavicle troubles, maybe arthritis??:)?? Was probably a good thing you got them out of the gene pool!!! BANG BANG!!

rrv333

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Double banner material

D

djones

and we might as well have a 'sus the easy way'. i'm inducting my buddy scram into the the club as an honorary member. just make this your new logo scram!!

scram%20avtar_zpspiginoqm.jpg

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is a good night of shooting. Congrats on your haul of hogs!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
and we might as well have a 'sus the easy way'. i'm inducting my buddy scram into the the club as an honorary member. just make this your new logo scram!!

scram%20avtar_zpspiginoqm.jpg
I'm still waiting on my monetary reward for that pic too. LOL

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks for the nomination! I definitely need to join the club by killing a big one.

I think I'm going to try the sour mash as a way of attracting the hogs. I've left a message about a 275 gallon tote. Anyone see any reason that I couldn't use one of these things to make a huge batch of sour mash? It has a big top to put in the corn and beer, and a spout at the bottom pour out the mash when its time to hunt. If I leave the top cracked, it can vent and the stench would help attract hogs before I pour it out.

Any thoughts?

275 gallon plastic.jpg

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
At some point I do not see it coming out of the bottom valve to easily. Cut a hole in top and get a big ladle for scooping it out. That will work though and you can make a heck of a lot at one time. STINKY STINKY!!