SUS the hard way

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
At some point I do not see it coming out of the bottom valve to easily. Cut a hole in top and get a big ladle for scooping it out. That will work though and you can make a heck of a lot at one time. STINKY STINKY!!

That's exactly what I was thinking. I could keep this in the back of the truck and drive to several spots and lets gallons of the goo out at each spot. I wouldn't make a 275 gallon batch. I think that a batch with a few hundred pounds of corn would be plenty.

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
One of those this will take up an entire 4' truck bed. We use them for moving water around the ranch and use some with cut off tops to store grains. We have to use a front end loader to move them around and unload them from a trailer. Lifting from the floor we only get around a foot or so off the ground. Half full with sorghum they weigh about a ton or more. Corn is substantially less. We can easily move them by hand when empty though. That is the only way wet get them in the bed of a truck.

The opening on the bottom is 2" and you won't know what valve connections are on it until you get there. If your lucky it will be 2"NPT.

Regardless of the valve fittings you will have issues getting it out without cutting the whole top off, then you'll have issues with it sloshing everywhere and sloshing out.

For your use it may be better to get a 55 or 35 gallon drum with removable lid that you can pour of the tailgate.

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
One of those this will take up an entire 4' truck bed. We use them for moving water around the ranch and use some with cut off tops to store grains. We have to use a front end loader to move them around and unload them from a trailer. Lifting from the floor we only get around a foot or so off the ground. Half full with sorghum they weigh about a ton or more. Corn is substantially less. We can easily move them by hand when empty though. That is the only way wet get them in the bed of a truck.

The opening on the bottom is 2" and you won't know what valve connections are on it until you get there. If your lucky it will be 2"NPT.

Regardless of the valve fittings you will have issues getting it out without cutting the whole top off, then you'll have issues with it sloshing everywhere and sloshing out.

For your use it may be better to get a 55 or 35 gallon drum with removable lid that you can pour of the tailgate.

Thanks for the advice! The 275 gallon container won't do me any good if it is too heavy to move!

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
no problem! Those IBC totes work great for lots of things. I also use them for rainwater storage too.

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
video in first post...had to chop it up. Malfunction caused me to bang the buttstock on the ground and knocked off dvr for a segment of the hunt, jus piglets were left when i got it back on.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
WOW!!!! That was way to cool!!! You had a whole field of pork and then STUFF was flyin all over the place. Dang!!! That was to much fun right there guys!!! BANG BANG!!!

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Gonna be going there (15 farms)at least once a week from now on. Todd is gonna have to come up with a new badge for members that have a yearly total of kills that's greater than 20% of the yearly kill counter. That video puts me at 42 in about 3 weeks. Rocksprings and Boerne are nice, but for hog hunting the flatlands are where it's at. Gotta get used to shooting on the run so close... I've been a 100-300 yard shooter since I started.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Damn Dax! Get on em. That was a great head shot on the last little piggy. That 223 is blowing parts around.

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Damn Dax! Get on em. That was a great head shot on the last little piggy. That 223 is blowing parts around.
6.8spc..... Got both now. Taking the 223 next week with my pulsar, jus made a video cable today for it.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
i didn't realize it was so many. that's impressive!!! devastating weapon/ammo for such little recoil. i may have to look into that.
If you use a 6.8 you may never go back to a 308. I love mine and I have both. The 308 gets very little use now.

D

djones

i don't know much about the 6.8. isn't there something like an SPC II that' most 6.8 shooters use? i'm sure there's all kinds of info buried in this place, and i'll probably research it until i have brain damage.

i've got a blackout that is fun but isn't the killer that the 308 is, and everyone knows the 223 can't kill a hog at all. i must confess i've had a secret thang for a 6.5 creedmoor for some time, but think it needs more barrel length than i care to lug around, especially with a can.

is the 6.8 ok in 16"?

dax,
i can't stop watching that vid. you get a lot more splatter than i do. and you absolutely disintegrated that baby. i want to be you when i grow up!!

Last edited by a moderator:

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
i don't know much about the 6.8. isn't there something like an SPC II that' most 6.8 shooters use? i'm sure there's all kinds of info buried in this place, and i'll probably research it until i have brain damage.

i've got a blackout that is fun but isn't the killer that the 308 is, and everyone knows the 223 can't kill a hog at all. i must confess i've had a secret thang for a 6.5 creedmoor for some time, but think it needs more barrel length than i care to lug around, especially with a can.

is the 6.8 ok in 16"?

dax,
i can't stop watching that vid. you get a lot more splatter than i do. and you absolutely disintegrated that baby. i want to be you when i grow up!!
There is all the answers you need on this site. Here is the short of it. Most new 6.8's have the SPCII chamber in them. If you are going to build your own I suggest a barrel from ***. Harrison is a vender on this site. His are the best out there IMO. If you are going to have one made contact Eric at Blackstone. He is also a vender on the site. If you are going to buy one I suggest the LWRC.

I think Todd can supply the percentage. But I believe the 6.8 is 80 percent of the energy of a 308 in a smaller package and 16 inches is all the barrel you need. Most here including myself prefer the Hornady 120 SST. It does out perform the Blackout. Something about the bullet and velocity is just right. Kills with greater authority then I would have imagined. White Tails do not have a chance. Nor does anything else I have shot with mine.