Lone Star Boars Meet & Greet Night Shoot. 10-05-13

Hunt TXHogs

LSB Member
Good morning all -

I am looking forward to meeting up this weekend, have a few questions for logistics.

For the demos (NV/Thermal) - do we bring out own rifle and ammunition or will the units be on guns that we will be using to shoot at the targets down range?

Are we still looking at a 5PM start time or do we need to show up a bit earlier to help setup / grill / or whatever?

What is on tap for the daylight demos?

I have a couple of IR lights on hand, I will bring those along.

Ben

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
For the demos (NV/Thermal) - do we bring out own rifle and ammunition or will the units be on guns that we will be using to shoot at the targets down range?

Are we still looking at a 5PM start time or do we need to show up a bit earlier to help setup / grill / or whatever?

What is on tap for the daylight demos?

I have a couple of IR lights on hand, I will bring those along.

Ben

Bring your own gear ammo ect. This is something where we are meeting other forum members and sharing what equipment we use.

Now the vendors attending are Ident Markings and T-bone Outfitters.

Ident will bring toys for all to look through but I do not expect them to supply ammo.

Start time is 5pm. unless you have talked to Brian about helping set up no one needs to show up earlier than that.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey Guys! Been moving slow of late. Spent last week in the hospital with some unpleasantness that currently has me on light duty. Apparently, heavy lifting, jarring actions, and the like are not in my immediate future, but I check with the doc about that tomorrow. That curtails my tractoring abilities which is NOT what I needed right now. Based on my last chat before escaping Denton Regional, I am not shooting either.

I will still be grilling burgers and such, various sodas and water will there, the portapotty is due on Friday, but parking may be in grass not mowed since August....just in case anyone is afraid of snakes. I may place Kit Kats in the grass to drive off the snakes. I read somewhere that it works. I would suggest that if folks have some handy-dandy folding chairs, they may wish to bring them along.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I cleaned the thread up trying to keep this one on topic.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks for the offer, but since the doc says I can't lift heavy items, I can't even get the tractor loaded up and taken out to the property. The range is clear, however, so that should not be a problem. You just won't experience the fine manicured lawn I was hoping to present.

Hunt TXHogs

LSB Member
Brian -

Thanks again for hosting the event, sorry that you aren't 100%. It'll be good to meet all and chat about something we all like to do.

Knowing that you are light duty should make the rest of us earn our keep while out there - i.e. setting up targets, cleaning up when finished, and leaving you with ZERO to do when we leave besides rest.

HTXH

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I will be bringing smoked pork. someone please bring a few packs of buns and your favorite bbq sauce. If the weather is good there will be 7 of us. we will bring our own drinks.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I will bring buns and sauce.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Rudy's sauce and not the Sissy stuff, I have to import it over here!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Rudy's sauce and not the Sissy stuff, I have to import it over here!
A "Dave's Insanity" fan are we? That stuff's brutal ! LOL

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I had to get a lip transplant from the time I tried Famous Dave's insanity sauce - had heartburn for a week too.

I pass on the gas !
A couple of drops for a whole pot of chili is enough.

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I love everything Dave's wish they would sponsor the HOG ZOMBIES!

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
so how many total are we supposed to be up ?

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I just bought 4 bottles of sweet baby rays and 48 buns. No need Histopicker.