Lone Star Boars Meet & Greet Night Shoot. 10-05-13

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Saturday October 5th 5:00pm

Lone Star Boars 1st meet and greet, come and show off your hunting gear, learn from others get together in Forestburg, Texas, about 90 minutes north of DFW at Brian Shaffer's property, Horn Hill range.
Location: 3/4 mile due west of Forestburg on FM455, north side of road, look for sign or flagging tape at gate. Oct 5 at 5:00 PM official start, but folks are welcome earlier. Dress is casual to outdoor formal. Eye and ear protection required.
Starts at 5:00pm for burgers and daylight demos. Sunset is 7:00pm at 8:00pm the night vision demos and night shoot starts.

Ident Marking Services will be in attendance with various night vision and thermal systems. If we are lucky maybe a belt-fed or two.

This is a hands-on experience where everyone imparts aspects about what they have found that works for them and why, and what doesn't work for them any why - firearms, ammo, optics, clothing, tactics, etc. Hopefully, everyone will come away with information that will either make them more successful at hunting hogs, or at least knowing where not to waste their time in trying to be more successful.

- 80 yard pistol range
- 100, 200, 300, 400 yard rifle range.

I would like to thank Brian Shaffer for making his property available to us.

Please Pm myself or Brian and let us know if you plan on attending. We need an accurate head count for the burgers, drinks ect.

Attendee List.
1) Brian Shaffer
2) Ident makings
3) AFalex1
4) Ken
5) Texaslawman
6) hophead
7) Phil Gumbert
8) Shooter
9) Bill Winfrey
10) HuntTXHogs
11) ident 2
12) ident 3
13) ident 4
14) Tech96
15) Coondog
16) histopicker
17) Mrs histopicker
18) tech96 jr
19) guess
20) guess2
21) guess3
22)guess4
23)guess5
24)guess6
25)guess7

Last edited:

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great idea and thanks to Brian for inviting us all. We will have to see on the belt-feds, ammo is higher than giraffe *&$$) these days. :p

TLM I will get you a head count from the shop as soon as I can but I will be there for sure!

Last edited:

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So by chance does anyone here have any good sources for a 3/4 sized or so AR500 steel hog target. Given the theme, I thought maybe I should add one for the event. PM me, please, if you do.

I'm going to try and get some pig ones made. But outcome is unknown.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've contacted a local company to build some steel hog targets. I will order 1-3 depending on the cost.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ok this is less than a month away. Its time to start getting an accurate head count if your coming please RSVP here and I will start a list. Thank you!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I'm in. Got an address and time for the event?

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
3/4 mile due west of Forestburg on FM455, north side of road, look for sign or flagging tape at gate. Oct 5 at 5:00 PM official start, but folks are welcome earlier. Dress is casual to outdoor formal. Eye and ear protection required.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If you do not see your name on the list and you are attending please post up. We need an accurate head count for food, drinks and such. Only 24 days away!

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Me and Coondog plan to make the trek from h town. That makes two more.

Edit: have to cancel due to work, sorry.

Last edited:

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well some bad news the full size hog targets were going to be $400 a piece. I just can't afford that but I am going to get some gongs for us to shoot.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Are you serious, wtf are they made out of? Unobtainium? something worth much more than steel.
Half inch armor plate. This is my friends shop he was doing it at his cost for the metal. The 8" gongs will be much more affordable.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just use someones hunting truck, it will add character to it.