i need a new gun

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
gun is filthy no wonder you get jams, running a DI gun suppressed it needs cleaning more often.

Hunt TXHogs

LSB Member
You should post that photo of your upper receiver in the CPD mag thread over at 68forums. There is a bunch of guys waiting to hear about the new mags ...

BTW what type of corrosive ammo are you shooting (that chamber brah)

D

djones

One time in band camp!

I would use windex and call it good!
you've gotten awfully cocky since you got that yellow ribbon

that gun WAS clean before i hunted. chamber too. it ain't no safe queen. it may be 50 or 100 rounds in a night. shooting aa2200 with new ssa brass. in technical terms... it is what it is.

chad has been very responsive and helpful. he hasn't seen anything like this before and is sending me a new mag. meanwhile, he said i could file on the corner a little and see if it helps. i got no complaints with that.

Hunt TXHogs

LSB Member
So when do you go out again to check if the gas block hack worked - between you and Double Naught you have me looking for new content every other day...

Tick Tock Tick Tock

D

djones

double nutts ain't even begun to have can probs yet. wait till he has a baffle strike and the can flies downrange 20 feet
roflmao_zps9jn0kgk7.gif

heck, he's a 6.5er ain't he? surprised that thing ain't french threaded backwards.

have out of town guest. damm super models are sooo clingy, but i'll see if i can get her bedded down about 11:00 or so tonite and then sneak out.

Drift

LSB Member
People have criticized the AR for jamming for what?..45 years?..Then they say the problem lyes with the magazine or the powder used or a dirty rifle. Still...AR jam a lot.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Adjustable gas blocks are a pain. Still say change it to a piston or get the new carrier that you flip the switch and get back to shootin. BANG BANG!! THE END!

Hunt TXHogs

LSB Member
Well....... The Super Model has to sleep at some point , what's the status ?

Go back to 308 and call it good

;)

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Funny I have 4 6.8's a 762x39 and a 223 wylde ARs and really don't have any issues, millions of them out there and few problems. Just can't do eradication without them and a bolt is useless except for blind hunting and 1 or2 shots. A well built AR is very reliable to me.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I just loaded up a 6.8 mag with Hornady 120's...the bullets are too long, they rub on the tip and were a pain to load. Both mags, PRI and CPD. I was shooting 115 gr Fusions and plenty of room. I smoked a small hog this morning before work but couldn't find him in the brush, wanted to try a new round. Hopefully they will cycle properly. We will see if the hogs are around for round 2.

D

djones

the guest brought friends. havent seen the outside since... well i dont know when. they just left. will prolly sleep for 24 hrs and then go test the gun.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
the guest brought friends. havent seen the outside since... well i dont know when. they just left. will prolly sleep for 24 hrs and then go test the gun.

Baaaaad boys... baaaaaaad boys...

MontanaHooker.JPG

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
DJ after the "friends"crazy-pig-drunk-funny-photo.jpg !

D

djones

the victorias secret models already activated my beastmode. only thing wrong with the pic above is you can't quite see how big my grin really is!

ps-im glad that sheep cant talk

D

djones

well i survived the weekend caligula and moved on the second best thing i do. was pretty confident with the gas opened up but didn’t have a herd to test it on, so i fired off a bunch of rounds at a hog even though he dropped after one shot. i still have some details to work out.

68hog_zpsavhshtks.jpg

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good sized cutters on that hog. Nice shot on it too.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice cutters on the beast!