i need a new gun

D

djones

this is really starting to irritate me. it's like i have a top shelf computer and the keyboard doesn't work. the new 28 round cpd mag wouldn't even allow the top round to be stripped off. i tried with 25 rounds and 20. back to the jamming pri mags. this crap is gonna get me killed!!

oh yea... and the last shot in the last vid... IT JAMMED!!! good thing i hit him or he would have taken me out.

IMG_0992b_zps3nkjcpld.jpg

IMG_0993b_zpsoqwc867d.jpg

IMG_0979b_zpssocmklwj.jpg

IMG_0984b_zpsn3jvsg2x.jpg

IMG_0985b_zpst51j5ojt.jpg

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Throw that damn mag away will ya!

I'm just amazed at how you can be that surrounded by pigs......

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Try a new bolt maybe. Anyways, I liked the little mouse escaping from the first hog shot.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shootin! You got em! BANG BANG!!

With out seeing the rifle, I would suggest a different buffer and or gasblock

and or spring/clean??

Last edited:

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Pretty good shooting this time DJ. Even with the jam problem in the back of your mind, you stayed with them. That takes concentration.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice work even with malfunctions.

Hard to diagnose malfunction over the keyboard, could be a number of things hence the reason you will get alot of different solutions. Not sure if your close to Houston, but I would be happy to help you figure it out. I was thinking going to to Waller, TX this weekend to go shooting anyways.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
From the pic at the close of the video... it appears you really DID injure your hand! I figured you were just pulling everyone's leg with that. Hope it heals quickly for you.

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great shooting, another nice video. Are you getting lockback on an empty mag? I had to switch to a lighter buffer spring to get consistent lockback with my *** barrel with my gas block wide open. The gas port seems on the small side on ARPs. If you weren't so dang far out in the middle of the red dirt I'd offer to come troubleshoot it for you. Coming to the Hill Country to see your illegitimate son from Barcelona any time soon? Otherwise there is UPS?

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dang, nice shooting even with the gun problems.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice shooting. I had gun malfunctions on 2 groups this weekend and i did not recover so well. Great job!

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Can one use 6.8 rounds in a 6.5 magazine? The OAL length looks pretty close.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'd eyeball the depth of the creases/indented into the side of the magazine. That's the main reason you can't use a 5.56 mag for the 6.8... fatter casing and the creases are shallower for the 6.8 mag. I don't know the size of a 6.5 case.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Typically the feed lips are a it different and the 6.5 uses 7.62x39 followers since 6.5 is based on the x39 case. Never tried 6.5 mags with 6.8.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
From the pic at the close of the video... it appears you really DID injure your hand! I figured you were just pulling everyone's leg with that. Hope it heals quickly for you.
I didn't notice that before...but clearly he has no thumb and his fingers were reattached in the wrong order. Poor guy... he's going to need help killin hogs it seems!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I saw that pic and just thought is was one of those crazy DJ things where he taped the magazine to his hand so he couldn't let it go.

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Typically the feed lips are a it different and the 6.5 uses 7.62x39 followers since 6.5 is based on the x39 case. Never tried 6.5 mags with 6.8.

Just trying to throw DJ a few scraps to improve his grumpy ass mood!

I've got some Alexander Arms 6.5 Grendel mags coming. If DJ would like to try one, I'll extend the olive branch of peace and send him one. It would be worth it to not have to hear him cry over equipment malfunctions.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hard to tell what is causing the jam over the internet. *** barrels have gas ports that are drilled to handle milspec buffer and milspec springs. Once you add a suppressor to the setup, it changes the timing stuff.

At least you got some hogs down!

Last edited: