I am having my First at 65!!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I watched football and TV till 12:49, did not even know it was past midnight till the wife told me. Did not see any of the NYE shows, ball drops or fireworks...amazing! Tom Sellick was on all night with a nature show on Discovery so I flipped between it and the football and a little American Pickers...really wild night

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Glad to hear Frank, and sorry I was upfront in my first posts, its just not something to mess around with as you have learned. It hit home when my friend Marco died. He went in when something didn't feel right, they went in and looked, did the normal chemo and radiation, but it was too late. At 63 years old he died a young man, left behind his wife and kids, so sad for something that could have been avoided.

My original post was geared at those that haven't done it, age 50 or earlier should be your first one, even though its a pain in the ass, literally, getting it done early outweighs the possibilities.

The bleeding is fairly normal. If it continues on after a few days, then I would be concerned, but it will stop.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dave, your warning was much needed and appreciated for everyone. I knew better and was gambling as I never expected to make it this far as is(Dad died at 62, his father at 36). I got lucky, this has been scheduled for 3 years and either I or the VA canceled another 3 years and I would be **** out of luck...still may be until the pathology comes back.

Bleeding has subsided, not stopped. All my friend are at the lease hunting, wanted me to come but no lifting or straining for 2 weeks, never knew that was recommended but w 13 polyps with pictures! and this bleeding I am better off staying home and resting at least for a week.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Yep! Follow the doctors orders. Get well soon

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks Buddy!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Feeling a lot better now, yeah I will curse anyone saying not to get tested now...Don't do as I did!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yep, got lucky even though I am hard headed!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Glad you are doing better Frank. Now quit smoking and you might be able to keep up with me and my bad hip.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah this may be a wake up call to do that too

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yup

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Everything seems pretty back to normal now, no blood yesterday or today...whew!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good news there Frank. Keep on...

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks RD...Now if the pathology come back clean I am good to go for 3-5 years I guess.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The pathology came back clear, no cancer but wanted me to redo in 6 mos...I laughed, It will take me 6 mos just to see my VA Doc again and then he has to request and they Might get around to it in a couple of years and very unlikely w the same Doc.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Great to here you came back clear.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I really got lucky...thanks!

I cannot say enough to go get it done NOW