I am having my First at 65!!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yep, that is right, my first, I hate it but they say I should get my first colonoscopy the 30th so I fast the 29th...WTF just leave me alone! So far I am in good health but I think they have to just find something wrong with me! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year all in one! Any sage advice??? lol can't wait to hear these jokes, should have put this under humor!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yep, that is right, my first, I hate it but they say I should get my first colonoscopy the 30th so I fast the 29th...WTF just leave me alone! So far I am in good health but I think they have to just find something wrong with me! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year all in one! Any sage advice??? lol can't wait to hear these jokes, should have put this under humor!
Admitted as a tight end, released as a wide receiver. No fumbles please.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They just want to check your gas block. That's all.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
adjustable?

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
WTF just leave me alone! So far I am in good health but I think they have to just find something wrong with me!

Nothing better than a colonoscopy to develop a close, personal relationship with your doctor and 2 or 3 of his friends. Not to worry as you probably won't remember meeting them.

Assuming no other issues, then a check for colorectal cancer is certainly not a bad idea. It is the 3rd most common form of cancer. The problem with it is that it can grow unnoticed for a goodly period of time...which is a bad thing. Catching it early is better than catching it late.

If you are having your first at 65, you might be overdue. Hopefully, nothing will be found and you will be good to go, so to speak.

My only serious advice concerns how you eat afterwards. You will be very hungry after being cleaned out and starved. Don't over do it and don't be surprised if your first meal or two seems to shoot through you unpleasantly until your system gets up and running. I think they still suggest eating some yogurt and such to help get your gut cultures established and functional.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Or, re-buffer your butt-stock? Re-direct the angle from your ejection port? Just be certain they're not stingy with the carrier lube.

Seriously, best of luck with it Frank.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thank you Brian, good idea on the yogurt! Yeah new Dr and staff, VA farmed me out to private so I could care less, will never see them again. The way I figured it I would be dead before the colorectal cancer would kill me so I waited...but then I am still alive so why not! yeah way overdue, part of the VA plan.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Or, re-buffer your butt-stock? Re-direct the angle from your ejection port? Just be certain they're not stingy with the carrier lube.

Seriously, best of luck with it Frank.

I am taking my own lube, slick 50 and FrogLube!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Had my first this week also. Worst part was being the only medical person in the room NOT getting paid to be there.

We in the medical realm are terrible at actually following medical advice.

And ever since I referred to the colonoscopy consent form as signing over "Drilling Rights", they discourage my contact with conscious patients.

That said, here's my advice: follow the prep sheet; 'cause if you don't, they won't be able to see for s***t and you'll have to it again.

Enjoy that last big BBQ meal at noon three days before the procedure, then avoid meat, lettuce and corn. Hit smoothies and soft foods for another day and a half, then follow the clear liquid diet for the previous day.

Pick a flavor of Gatorade / Crystal Light that you hate for the prep mix; you're not drinking it for the flavor and there's no sense in ruining it for the future.

Brian is right about the eating afterwards; your appetite and guts will NOT be in synch for at least a day. Avoid spicy, greasy and dairy foods til at least the next day.

Be prepared: Grab a fairly plain turkey sub sandwich (no mayo/mustard) on the way there; tell your driver to have it ready when you wake up. You're gonna be hungry and tempted to eat what you shouldn't if you roll out of there with an empty stomach.

(You're also not supposed to travel after the procedure, but I had a funeral in Florida to attend and went from a tube in my butt to vice versa the very next morning).

Congrats on the courage and clarity of your decision; a close relative waited 10 years too long and now has a colostomy and a chemo port.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
(You're also not supposed to travel after the procedure, but I had a funeral in Florida to attend and went from a tube in my butt to vice versa the very next morning).
LOL

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks Lone, very refreshing! Yeah I read the consent sheet, basically if they kill you or something goes wrong, it is not their fault...lol This all sounds so delightful, sorry I waited so long, but I figured one and done cause later I just will not give a sh*t...lol

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks Lone, very refreshing! Yeah I read the consent sheet, basically if they kill you or something goes wrong, it is not their fault...lol This all sounds so delightful, sorry I waited so long, but I figured one and done cause later I just will not give a sh*t...lol
Or convert to one of those slick-side ejection ports.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Could there be a positive to not having to sit on the john every morning?

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Could there be a positive to not having to sit on the john every morning?
Well, minor paper savings. MAJOR savings if the women folk convert.

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I will confess to having used a colostomy bag under my shirt to smuggle Kahlua and cream into a concert.

You'd be surprised how your elbow room increases after a tug or two.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great idea, scotch and water on the go!

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
best wishes

FrankT