SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am going to update my 15 yr old camera soon too. Looking at one of those small pocket size jobs with a self timer. The one I have is big and slow to react.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
For the first time in my life I'm actually appreciating day light savings time. I watched a JV basketball game 45 min from home, went out hit a few places, nailed this boar in a newly planted wheat field, ate a nice supper and was in bed before midnight!
IMG_20151111_065914.jpg

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looks like you put a good hurt on the feller. Congrats on the early kill.

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
IMG9507581.jpgmy hunting partner and I shot this Boar. He was probably 100 yards or more but still took a .243 round and 120ssts out of my 6.8 to keep from getting away. He was only 5 yards from making it to the high banks of the Leon river. Could have rolled down from there.

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I shot this Boar from well over 200 yards in the same water logged field as the one above. I'm using an Armasight Zeus 3-24 as a spotter and have one mounted up on my 6.8 as well. First shot double lunged him. He ran away and then circled back towards me. I let him keep coming. When he finally made his turn to the river I shot him again. He was trotting right along but the second shot dropped him. IMG9510181.jpg

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice pair of hogs there, congrats.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I got into a large sounder tonight but after shooting the alpha sow the others ran towards the neighbors cows, only a couple safe shots available. But the sow was a nice one. Tape showed her to be 270. tmp_13049-20151115_032617-314235230.jpg

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice hog there Lancer, again!! Way to go! BANG BANG!!

Jhop that would be a nice shot there on that porker. Way to go!!! BANG BANG!!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lancer... what a prize of a sow! Congrats on that big ol' girl.

Jhop, congrats on getting another one properly introduced to night hog hunting.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I took a guy from work out tonight, he's quite a hunter but had never been out with thermal and night vision. His daughter went along as well. We hit 2 or 3 places with no luck then happened onto a sounder underneath a center pivot in an over seeded Tifton field. We recovered these 3 including a mid 200lb boar that has perfect cutters. I've been looking for one for an art project but couldn't seem to find one with all 4 cutters intact. You'll see him again! tmp_26885-IMG_20151119_005741413185151.jpg oh yes my buddy from work is hooked now!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Uh-ohh... Lancer's having new teeth made.

Nice haul there, congrats... and, good on ya for getting another one hooked.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice job Lancer!

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
One of my hunting partners and I teamed up on this big boar. My first shot from my .243 hit him right behind the front leg. He just soaked it up up and trotted off. My hunting partner put a 120gr sst from my 6.8 round into his hip and another into his leg. All shots were from over 150 yards. No data on him, other than he was big.IMG_10631.jpg

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Too bad you didn't get a tape measurement of his girth. Congrats though, great boar there.