Hunting Photos post your pics here!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ok, now we have sumpin' ! 'Bout a buck seventy five there? Where's the blue cape?

So? We need the tale of the deed as well.

Nice pig, congrats.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Uh oh. Someone else got bit the night bug! Good shooting guys

I took one of my friends from work hunting last night for the first time. He's a very bright young guy and he caught right onto the night vision and Thermal, we saw lots of hogs and overcame several technical issues on my part, pvs-14 turning off and gun jamming, we still managed to bag 8 for the evening,
6 from one sounder. Which we had to use a 4-wheeler to drag out of the muddy field today. He's hooked now!View attachment 2796 View attachment 2797

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Went out last night and shot the pig closest to me with my 6.8 built by Blackstone Arms. Its topped off with an Armasight Zeus 640 3-24 with 75mm lens bought from *******************. I'm guessing it was 75-80 yards from me. Staring straight at me under the bright moon last night.IMG9509641.jpg

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats, fine pair of hogs there, good lookin' rig there too.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Haha! My mind isn't that sharp at 4 am...flashlight in one hand...pellet gun in the other. He just sat there..I was pretty sure I was the world's greatest possum stalker ever...even got 2 shots on him. Then I realized he was caught in the dog proof trap!! All those images of my likeness in a bronze statue just faded away.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Way to go Dan. Ever get your missing dog-proof trap from that corn thief? Dead possums is good possums. Hog bait !

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Dan, I was going to give you grief about trapping him so you could get a shot off. Then I read where you fessed up anyway. Oh well.:confused:

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Ok, now we have sumpin' ! 'Bout a buck seventy five there? Where's the blue cape?

So? We need the tale of the deed as well.

Nice pig, congrats.
It was actually 170 on the scale and picture was taken the next day. I thought Rick told the story earlier, but basically we were all sitting around telling lies.....ear I mean stories when Rick's sister who lives a couple miles down the road called. She could hear hogs in her pasture from her back porch. She asked if some of us AWSOME hog killers would like to come kill some. Me, Oso Grande, Wassman, and Rick piled into a truck and ran down the road. By the time we got to Rick's Sister's home, the hogs were gone. So, we started cruising the road and spotted this hog at a neighbors place. Rick had to go up to the door to get permission at 10:00 pm with us sitting in the truck. Talk about trusting neighbors. Anyway, the owner said he had been trying to get that boar for a couple weeks and he kept giving him the slip. His reply was "kill every one you can." The stalk wasn't very unusual except the boar kept moving away from us at a pretty good pace. Rick thought this would be a "Sus" boar, so he was going to let me shoot, hoping I could make the club. We had to try to make the shot from about 125 yds. After waiting for about 3 days for him to clear come cows on the left, right, and behind him, I took the first shot. Good solid hit, but he started running. Fortunately, he ran toward us. Two carefully timed shots (trying to miss non-pig targets) later, he went down stiff legged. He wasn't good enough for the club, but a really nice solid hog anyway. The best part, when we recovered him, the owner came out and looked at our gear and gave Rick permission to come over anytime and kill some more.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great opportunity there, glad you got a chance to stack one up. Nice, big boar. Even "more gooder" that Rick got the nod to hunt often... SWEET!

Too bad you guys missed the other group.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Yeah, but Rick probably got some of them a few days later. This place is only about a half mile from his Sister's so same cruising ground for the hogs.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Way to go Dan. Ever get your missing dog-proof trap from that corn thief? Dead possums is good possums. Hog bait !
Just wanted to see if I could catch one with that trap. Put canned cat food way down in it so he would have to reach his soft little digits around in there to get his dinner and apparently it will work!

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Between the wet weather and some kinda upper respiratory crap I haven't been able to hunt for a while, it rained again yesterday but I couldn't stand another evening in the house. I went out and waded through the mud, killing 3 out of the first sounder after a long walk across a freshly planted wheat field. The 2nd place I went the hogs were basically on the road as I drove into the field so I only recovered 1 from a hasty set of shots. I'm loving the Pulsar Apex XD38a from *******************. IMG_20151108_005142.jpg IMG_20151108_003031.jpg IMG_20151108_004704.jpg
20151107_211508.jpg

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
And, a good new camera too, eh? LOL

Nice haul there, congrats. Now, get all healed up.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job and hey...nice camera! We didn't know you were such a handsome guy.lol

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Still the same cellphone pics but sometimes they turn out decent, I have promised the wife a new camera if I can take her old one though. And I am working towards adding video to my bag o tricks.