2014 Lone Star Boars members get-together.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Eric I told you that it was OK to take it for a while. I hope it didn't hurt her too bad, she is little. The winners did not want their names posted for privacy reasons. We didn't even get a picture of the rife, partying was involved. Thanks to Brian for bringing up his night rig. What a comparison.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
rgilbert, does Wrongway Mike have info/website for his drones?

For those not there, Wrongway Mike brought out his racing quadcopters complete with a 2 sets of visors and took us on "rides" around the property via the visors and an onboard camera that gave the wearer a first person perspective of flying around. I am quite intrigued by the whole package. I can see where changing the optics and adding a larger transmitter would make the copters capable scouting drones. The better optics would be needed for better identification ability from higher altitudes. Watching rgilbert's dog, Beall, I would guess that maybe 200-300 feet elevation would be good for not disturbing animals on the ground. I can't say that I am ready to start flying tomorrow, but certainly thought a lot about the possibilities on the drive home after seeing first hand a sample of what could be done.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is a giant hog for the little lady !!! Way to go youngin!! That there is some good shooting fo sure. Congrats to the little one. WAY TO GO!!!!:) BANG BANG!!!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Holy cow ! Monster hog ! That little one killed it?

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Ok guys, I gotta admit that my little one didn't shoot it and there was no SOCOM involved.

Rgilbert and I had the idea of posting that hog as the one that got hunted last night but someone already posted that Dave was the one to hunt and that he didn't see anything so I improvised.

The picture IS of my oldest with her grandpa but it is from last year. The pig was caught and castrated by me and we fed it up with bread and tortillas for 4 years. I dispatched it with a .357 mag in a pen. We did have to weigh it in pieces and it totaled 526lbs if I remember correctly.

Sorry guys I can't hold joke any longer...

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ahhh, I was hoping we could get her a patch! good one

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
What happens in Caldwell stays in Caldwell. Just sayin'...

OH THANK GOD!!! I was afraid that some of those stories would get leaked and then we all would catch hell from those who didn't make the trip.

WE HAD A FANTASTIC TIME! My wife hating leaving so much that if it wasn't her dogs that we had to rescue, we would have just stayed another night just for the hell of it. We felt like it was a great family reunion with the family we just hadn't met yet. My wife says its like a brotherhood of like-minded people where no one is a stranger.

With that said, if any of you brothers are in the East Tx area and need a place to stay on Lake Rayburn, don't hesitate to give us a call.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Sounds like a good time. Guess I need to make the next one. But Frank has to go lol.

marineimaging

LSB Member
Well, we had a winner of the best hog shot over the weekend. Around 300lbs I think it was. Beginners luck! I won the AR15 with 1000 rnds of 55grn FMJ door prize but I traded it to BRD for the 4Wheeler Mule he won since he already has two. I'm telling you folks, we had a lot of very purtty ladies including the personable and quite purtty herself, Lea Penick (https://www.facebook.com/leapenick) from American Hoggers [hope she doesn't mind the name dropping] and her handome and polite young son. Folks, you are not going to believe it but Chopperdrvr Dave flew in with his yellow and red oil field chopper to the shindig and he took us all for rides over the sounders running here and there and we shot hogs till our heart was content..., and then shot some more. Some of the girly men very nearly got airsick and hung on for dear life but then we all got to fly the totally awesome 4 engine drones around the 20 acres zooming a zipping here and there! Saturday night we each had a long study look through a series of low to very high dollar night optics with prices starting at around 500.00 up to 8000.00-9000.00 with some of the best optical recognition I have ever see. A visit from our resident TP&W biologist and his purtty too wife rounded out a great weekend made possible by some of the most friendly and welcoming hosts I have ever had the honor to encounter. If you weren't there, you missed one really exceptional round table discussion about how to develop a level playing field for hog hunting around this great state of Texas and on Sunday, we got to hear Ms. Lea talk about building her AR (pink camo of course) with suppressor threads, and how she successfully (but timidly at first) noodled a huge catfish out of a river bank. (Both on her Facebook page). It was so big it stripped all the skin off her left arm clean up to the elbow. I'm telling you folks, I haven't had so much fun since I got to ride a Goldwing across country. Wish you all could have been there. Oh, well, next year. (I'll let ole' Rick G. fill in the rest of the details as he got to see a lot more than I did.)

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Yup it was definitely a good time. I just wish I lived closer, then I could have come back out Sunday morning. I'm now wishing I would have taken more pictures too!

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good grief, that thing's huge. Don't worry Eric, BRD's hugs are greatly overrated.
Are you STILL pouting because I won't hug you?

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Just hanging out with TV personality, Lea Penick (American Hoggers). Wish you were there. She is an absolute doll and a really sweet person.
you need to zoom that out just a little

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The Grand Prize for the weekend was taken home by our very own new family member Chopperdrvr.

and that would be Mrs, Chopperdrvr.

Nice catch my good sir, nice catch.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter