16 more days and counting down

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lol, was thinking about going down to the river with the AR and blowing the hell out of the carp, then shoot the raccoons when they come in to eat the dead carp at twilight! That count?

Sounds like feeshin' to me !!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats !! So? Are you a father, or a mother? (Kidding)... boy or girl?

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Another future Hog Chaser. Congrats.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That was a quick 16 days!! Congrats Papa!

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Congrats Ronnie!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
A hunting pardner, best to Mom also

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
thanks guys. it was a boy. 7 lb 8 oz 19 in long. Beau Wyatt is his name

A shaker, huh? Throw 'im back to grow a little more. (I was the "runt" of the litter at 10 lbs. 8 oz). Congrats "dad" !!

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Five kids I don't see how you do it. I barely have one on the way and I'm already broke.
Same here, the wife is doing the cloth diaper thing and that stuff is EXPENSIVE!!! She swears its cheaper in the long run, but I think Ill be loosing money, cause Ill be taking my cloths to the Laundromat instead of washing with poopy diapers.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am soooo glad I am way past the age for children, have paid the price and have my sanity again.

histopicker

St. George, Utah
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Same here, the wife is doing the cloth diaper thing and that stuff is EXPENSIVE!!! She swears its cheaper in the long run, but I think Ill be loosing money, cause Ill be taking my cloths to the Laundromat instead of washing with poopy diapers.
Oh my gosh, roll around in hog crap, gut deer, mess with cattle, and baby poop gets you to wash your clothes somewhere else! Kids! lol

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Oh my gosh, roll around in hog crap, gut deer, mess with cattle, and baby poop gets you to wash your clothes somewhere else! Kids! lol
Animal poop is a bit different than people poop. I work in both often and don't like it to begin with. I have 20 or so sewer vehicles I maintain, and get the dry heaves once or twice a month with them. Work on a vac truck that just broke down sucking poopy water out of a lift station, when its 110 and no breeze. It will cure your indifference quick. Not quite as gut wrenching as a rendering truck, but a lot nastier stuff shows up in weird places.

Ronnie, I would have liked to know how you talked her out of the cloth diapers, all my efforts failed miserably!

histopicker

St. George, Utah
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Animal poop is a bit different than people poop. I work in both often and don't like it to begin with. I have 20 or so sewer vehicles I maintain, and get the dry heaves once or twice a month with them. Work on a vac truck that just broke down sucking poopy water out of a lift station, when its 110 and no breeze. It will cure your indifference quick. Not quite as gut wrenching as a rendering truck, but a lot nastier stuff shows up in weird places.

Ronnie, I would have liked to know how you talked her out of the cloth diapers, all my efforts failed miserably!
Aspp; explain to her that constant exposure to the detergent used in washing the diapers could lead to hypersensitivity and cause very painful rashes on the infant. This worked for me. I also was out on the cloth diaper gig.

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Aspp; explain to her that constant exposure to the detergent used in washing the diapers could lead to hypersensitivity and cause very painful rashes on the infant. This worked for me. I also was out on the cloth diaper gig.
She had an answer for that, apparently there is a company that you can buy a water test kit from that will tailor make detergent to be ph neutral for YOUR household water. She swore that it was only $1/thing of detergent more than the normal stuff, but Im betting its a 5oz bottle vs 1 gallon....