Who here is buying NV or thermal in the next 365 days?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Like the title says baring unforseen circumstances who here will buy a night vision or thermal in the next 365 days? If so I have some questions?

1. What will you be buying night vision, thermal, or both?

2. What will you be using the equipment for?

3. Do you have a specific unit in mind if so which one?

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Like the title says baring unforseen circumstances who here will buy a night vision or thermal in the next 365 days? If so I have some questions?

Both.

Hogs, yotes, bobcats.
Wheat field ridge overlook with ranges 100-700 yards.
Stand to feeder with range 150-200 yards...

Holding out for Armasights Zeus Pro 640, 100mm, 30hz.
Waiting for more video and additional feedback on new AGC for this thermal.
Still need a PVS-14 and monocular options.

Dennis

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Sending money out tomorrow for a Pulsar hd38a thermal monocular. I'm doing less moving around than I thought. I find myself scanning with the Zeus on the gun and then riding the ranger to get in position to shoot. Gonna keep the pvs14 and lasers but really want a small scanner. This will.....or if I wasn't an idiot junkie, should finish my set up.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
*******************:) Shoot hogs and make lots and lots of BANGS BANGS at night!!, Mark II BANG BANG!!

Daughter just took a job and with the starting pay$$$$ maybe she will just buy ole dad one a lot sooner!!!!

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Well if you asked early last week I would say a thermal, Zeus pro, but I got it already. 100mm Zeus Pro, 4x, 60hz, 640.

Last edited:

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
Hoping for 100mm Apollo Pro 640(30) and Q-14 640(30) ... hunting and target practice ... after that upgrade ps-22 from 3a to 3p ...

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My Zeus 3 640 75mm is all I need do,not get to hunt hogs every weekend. I could have took my fox this weekend but alias not in season. Have been coon hunting but deer and coons to commingled and at 80 yds was afraid I would hit a deer. Think I will,go TX hog hunting this winter somewhere. I love my PVS-14 but would like a thermal spotter smaller than my W-1000 lol.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm saving for a pvs-14 hopefully for my Christmas present. It will come in handy on trips through the Everglades

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Researching for my friend and he plans to buy one soon.
- Thermal

- Mainly hog hunting

- Zesus 640 x75

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
1. Just got both (thermal a couple hours ago) from Aaron (Night Combat Solutions)
2. Feral hog abatement (fancy words convinced my boss to buy them for me)
3. Pvs 14s and pulsar hd19a.

Now I can spring for suppressors, if I can decide.

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I already have a PVS14. Hope to add a thermal unit befor the end of the year maybe a little after. Looking at the Zeuss line but the only thing I have looked through was a W1000 at Ident. It amazed me.

Still reading all I can to make up my mind.

Drift

LSB Member
(1) Just got my first a PVS 14. I will be adding thermal after Christmas time.
(2) For hog hunting. A thermal scope. Dont know which one yet... Zeus 640x75 or 3rd Coast hunter Mk2 sound about right

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Zeus 640/60 x 75

Dusty

Hey, thats a fact jack
I just bought the zeus pro 640 2x16x50mm 30hz. Waiting for it to be delivered. Still need a moncular for helmet, i will have to wait for income tax next year. Any suggestions.

Dusty

Hey, thats a fact jack
I want a gen 3 moncular lots of different grade tubes many manufacturers. What signal to noise ratio should i go with.

Delta4-3

LSB Member
Vendor
I want a gen 3 moncular lots of different grade tubes many manufacturers. What signal to noise ratio should i go with.
It's a little more complex than just picking a numerical S:N value. For example, I have a Gen 2 tube that has 26 SNR and a Gen 3 tube with 25 SNR. Going by SNR alone, you'd think the Gen 2 would win out, but the Gen 3 tube has PC Sensitivity that is 3 times higher than the Gen 2, giving it better performance in low light. They you have the human error. Two units with identical data sheets may look totally different in the field. My advice would be to call someone who spends a lot of time behind them, tell them exactly what you want out of it, your budget, etc. and see what they can come up with for you. That will bring a whole new decision making process into the mix though, as there are a LOT of good NV dealers out there.

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My advice would be to call someone who spends a lot of time behind them, tell them exactly what you want out of it, your budget, etc. and see what they can come up with for you. That will bring a whole new decision making process into the mix though, as there are a LOT of good NV dealers out there.

Take his advice, as he is one of the "good NV dealers" he is talking about, he's just too nice to say he is. He has flat bent over backwards in several of my dealings with him. Oh, and his wife is nice to look at too.