Ain't she a beaut!

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I grew up and lived in Minnesota for over 40 years, and had seen 3 snakes in the wild. Lived in TX now for 3 1/2 years and am up to 15 give or take seen or killed, not to mention almost half were poisonous. I however have discovered rattlesnake is quite tasty, and have one in the cut up into pieces in the freezer at the moment. Coral however is not something I want to mess with.

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Snakes - Coyotes - Skunks.... All of them are better off Dead - if I have any choice in the matter!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Mr. Coral snake had himself a nice temporary home in a gray tote with snap-on lid out on the porch while waiting for my buyer to come get him. I caught a small scorpion and threw it in there and he ate him, at some point because the scorpion disappeared. Then the snake somehow managed to get to the top and weasel his way out of that closed lid. My buyer wasn't happy but neither was my fiance'. Ooops. On to the next adventure.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
never thought about selling, but his escape just reinforces my first reaction and that is to kill them and be done w it

D

djones

Then the snake somehow managed to get to the top and weasel his way out of that closed lid.
bolt_zpsbsrfsdwz.gif

rrv333

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great catch and subsequent unfortunate loss

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I killed one of the two that I saw and felt so bad about it that I gave the second one a pass. They really don't pose a threat to adult sane people. The other three poisonous variety though....that's a different story.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well... let's hope it was a "him", and not a very pregnant "her", ready to leave you a clutch of grand-babies. LOL

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
At $200 a piece ...I will take all I can get. Lol

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
heck yeah for $200 I will go looking for them!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Heck... for $200 ea. I'd start hunting them too if they were around my area (not that I'd WANT them here).

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
There's not a big market for them but I created one and could have sold at least 3 of them this weekend. The wheeling and dealing never ends around here. I've taken Leti on a few deals lately and she likes it, says do what you do, don't let me get in the way. Good gal. Keeper!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good on ya Dan'l. Happy for yaz.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We have them here, just never scratched around for them. They are fairly safe as poisonous snakes go, hard for them to bite a person and short fangs.