Ain't she a beaut!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Caught a large Coral snake while hog hunting last night, these are the deadliest snake in America so leave this to a professional...do not try this at home. Unless you want to...then it's fine.coral snake.jpg

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
A buddy just found one in his garage last week. Y'all are both nuts, I'd be squealing like one of your trapped pigs and trying to run the other direction likely hurting myself in the process.....

image.jpeg

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I had to work harder for mine....saw it crossing the road, had to bail out of the truck and grap a stick to pin it down then figure out which end was the head in the weeds so I could grab the tail...they are sneaky that way. I threw him in the cooler on ice so he would be shut down when I got home to handle him.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That is a big one there. I found two in one week year before last. They were the first I have seen in my life, and I have spent a lot of time outdoors.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Snakes are great... behind glass. Homie don't like snakes with nuttin' between us.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Now I don't like him like the piglet bad snakes are just that bad

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Way nice Dan, be careful with those things. Never seen one in the wild and hope I don't. They are some kind of neat with those the colors!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
"Deadliest snake in America " is misleading. Although it's venom is highly toxic, fatal bites are so rare, the only supplier of anti-venom quit making it. Rattlesnakes probably account for more deaths than any other poisonous snake in America.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dang it Chopper...you're taking all the wind out of my sails! You are supposed to tell tales of the ferociousness in the field.:(

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
"Deadliest snake in America " is misleading. Although it's venom is highly toxic, fatal bites are so rare, the only supplier of anti-venom quit making it. Rattlesnakes probably account for more deaths than any other poisonous snake in America.

And the reason for this is that a coral snake literally has to gnaw on you for a bit before the fans get to you. Unlike other venomous snakes the coral snake has is its fangs at the rear of it's its mouth.

Most bites that lead to death are in the webbing between the thumb and forefinger or other places that leave an area for it to bite that is narrow enough for it to get the fangs onto the skin.

They have neurotoxin that attacks the neuro system instead of hemotoxin that directly attacks the blood like most other venomous snakes.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I hear their toxin is similar to a King Cobra.

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
And the reason for this is that a coral snake literally has to gnaw on you for a bit before the fans get to you. Unlike other venomous snakes the coral snake has is its fangs at the rear of it's its mouth.

Most bites that lead to death are in the webbing between the thumb and forefinger or other places that leave an area for it to bite that is narrow enough for it to get the fangs onto the skin.

They have neurotoxin that attacks the neuro system instead of hemotoxin that directly attacks the blood like most other venomous snakes.

Dr. Baskin taught you well!

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Yes it is similar. Both have neurotoxins. My post earlier was for snakes found in Texas... sorry, my world usually defaults to Texas.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've heard tale of King Cobras being found in the wild in Florida... after hurricanes, pet shops losing them, as well as knuckleheads turning them loose.