Stayed up for 24 hours straight.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Stayed up 24 hours walked my butt all over kingdom come got a couple of great doubles. Flipped a big. Boar on the run made sure the dvr was recording before I shot picture on screen check red flashing light check got home excited to watch the hunt and find this BS. The damn thing should warn you the card poped out. Not one second of video was recorded.........
image.jpg

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
There's hunting. And there's video hunting. I mean anyone can pull a trigger. But not everyone lugs in a camera crew (or in your case a card). ;)

I guess it beats the one time I brought all my recording equipment but forgot to bring ammo!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You need to go back out and at least show us the dead bodies! You know that is why I was so excited about the new X-Sight, a built in recorder and all coordinated for recording.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I thought it does warn you there is no card, but don't remember. Anyways that sucks, looking forward to some video since the hogs have been alluding me.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That really sucks TLM. BUT....It didn't really happen. :)

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think someone needs to redesign a portable DVR and build it like a Panasonic tough book.

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You are finding all the weak spots. Like Wass said need to relay all the + and - to a manufacturer and see if they can build a suitable device. Small market so might be hard to get someone to pay attention. But worth a shot.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The problem is it says in red letters "no card" in the center of the screen. Well when it's on the rifle it's in the case which covers the screen so I lift up the corner to see about 1/4 th of the screen to make sure it's recording. Now the case is a nessasary evil it protects the screen and it hides the light from the screen.

To top it all off after all the killing was done I was going from hog to hog setting up the tripod and taking the kill pics. Well Somehow I clicked on my pvs and now my perfect tube has a nice burned spot on it. Funny how a great night can turn so fast. I figured out it was on at the third hog when I saw the spot I packed up and went home did not even finish taking pics.

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
TLM, Did it pop a spot or burn an image? If it burned an image in put a fresh battery in it, turn it on and put it in your W-1000 pelican case for 24 hrs. You want it in total darkness!! A lot of times this will make it go away completely. Worth a try.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Its just a image a faint cloud like area I have it sitting in the dark and turned on we will see. Last pic before it was burned.

CIMG3226 copy.jpg

Hard_ware

Here piggy piggy! Deep Deep S. TX.
Hope tube clears up after some time in the box
Pvs14`s are pretty tough

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No I packed up my toys and went home lol I was sick to my stomach.

81police

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I can relate to your frustration, with stills not video. I remind myself constantly, it's not about the video or pictures, it's not even really about what hog I take, it's truly about the privilege of hunting this great state, these great animals, and walking our God's great earth for one more day!

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
call rick about the possible tube rescue

we got his back

might work, might not

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I had a great day the other day, worse than yours lol. I walked within 2 feet of a rattlesnake before I seen it, I got bit twice by wasps about 5 minutes apart, then it got up to 107 degrees here at the lease, then I went to my blind, a crazy storm moved in, lightning all around and raining, at 11 I decided it was my best break in the storm to make it back to camp the 3.5 miles in the ATV, I got soaking wet. Then I check the game camera today and found a whole sounder of around 20 hogs came in and ate for over two hours about 45 minutes after I left lol.