Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Once I get my stamp I'll take some video at the range

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have a few questions, first being what all calibers is this rated to?
Also is there some steps somewhere to file this under a form 1? Like what exactly you need to engrave on it.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Keaton, the form is included w the can and I am sure instructions as I have been told

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Keaton, the form is included w the can and I am sure instructions as I have been told
I thought it just said trust form. I was just guessing it was a guide on how to make a trust.
So if I already have a trust I was just wondering what to do from there. I've done form 1s for SBRs that I've built so I'm familiar with that. But they already had numbers on them.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
From what I have read you have to engrave the same things on it and create a serial number for it

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
From what I have read you have to engrave the same things on it and create a serial number for it
I guess my reply didn't work the first try.
But is there a specific guideline for serial number? Or can you make any number up?

Last edited:

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We have a few prototypes that we have punished over the last eight months with 223 and 5.56 and haven't ever had to replace anything yet.

I don't see you having any issues at all with subsonic :) I would love to see that video and be able to use it on the site.

I have a few customers that have their tax stamps and use the tubes with 30 calibers regularly, they haven't had one blow up yet but I couldn't honestly say that the max rating would be in regards to caliber size without doing some testing. I would probably want a titanium tube (coming soon TM) for anything over .30 caliber :)

In regards to what steps are needed for the Form 1, if you don't have one already I would advise you to create a multi-generational NFA trust then print your trust, sign your trust in the presence of a notary and two witnesses. The witnesses must be the age of majority and cannot be beneficiaries of the trust. The co-trustees do not have to sign any documents.

After completing those steps your trust is now a valid document similar to a contract or a will.

Scan your complete trust and use that to e-file for your Form 1 at www.atfonline.gov/EForms

During the course of applying for your Form 1 you will need to choose a model name, serial number and caliber for the suppressor you will
make. The serial number should be at least 4 numbers. Since you are the manufacturer these can be anything you come up with.

Once that application process is complete you will just need to wait for your tax stamp, once you get it print it out and make sure you save it because you only receive one copy.

All that's left is to build out your Solvent Trap into a suppressor and engrave the following on the barrel:

Trust Name
City, State
Model Name, Serial Number, Caliber

For example:
XYZ Trust
Orlando, Florida
STS-01, 0192, 223

Once again, the model name and serial number will be whatever you created during the Form 1 application process.
Thank you for the reply so soon.
I've done form 1s before so I got that part figured out. I was just unsure on the serial number.
Are you shooting 556 supersonic? If so I'd imagine 300 blackout supersonic would be on. Would 308 be too much?
Also since you can disassemble it I assume rimfire is ok through it.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
When I make the video I'll email to you so you can use it. I have supersonic and subsonic ammo for my 338. Being a pistol round I don't see pressure being a problem shooting either