FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No comments? I thought it was pretty interesting.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Interesting until there's that knock at the door from the ATF

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Why would there be? I have a trust and can file at the appropriate time, right? The oil filter can is sold openly on Amazon.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have a trust too. It would be fun just to try building it. I have always wanted to try finishing an 80% lower

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They will soon have a video out shooting so you can hear it.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's what I was curious about

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Why would there be? I have a trust and can file at the appropriate time, right? The oil filter can is sold openly on Amazon.

You are obviously talking about using it as a suppressor and not a cleaning accessory. So, you mentioned the paperwork aspect AFTER posting. Filing the paperwork prior to modification is the key legal issue and there has been considerable controversy with solvent traps and legalities. That is why.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/10/24/solvent-traps-still-illegal-use-intended/

From http://www.solventtrap.net/
It is 100% legal to buy and own a solvent trap kit to clean your firearm, period. Anyone that tells you otherwise hasn't done their homework. According to the BATF a solvent trap is considered "A Firearm Accessory" and is not regulated as a bullet cannot pass through it until modified. The ATF allows barrel attached items such as these as cleaning accessories, thus allowing it to legally be purchased and sold without ATF involvement.

If anyone wants to turn a Solvent Trap kit into a Solvent Trap Suppressor you need to follow ATF regulations and file your Form 1 PRIOR to modification. After you receive your NFA tax stamp you can modify the solvent trap by doing the last bit of work which involves simply drilling out the freeze plugs and end cap to your desired size. A Form 1 allows for you to manufacture your own silencer. No license is necessary.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What took you so long to chime in after joining? Welcome to yaz. Good crew here.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great sound reduction..Thanks

cbitpro

What took you so long to chime in after joining? Welcome to yaz. Good crew here.
Yea it looks like you guys have a solid community here and I appreciate the welcome. I would have chimed in sooner, but to be honest things have kicked off pretty strong in a short time and we have been slammed with getting orders out on time and working on new prototypes, trying new materials and builds, not to mention gator hunting season is coming up in Florida and I pulled county wide tags this year :)

Great sound reduction..Thanks
Not a problem Frank, it does even better with subsonic and you can get a true "hollywood" suppression effect, although you don't get near the range as with a .55 grain but you are always going to have the supersonic "crack" with normal ammo.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I ordered one. I just have to send the tube off to be engraved then I can submit the form 1 and sit and wait

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm thinking about drilling it out to fit my 338 spectre. I want that suppressed more than anything

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
wow, may be replacing it more often?

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks for the order, and I would love to get a side profile picture of the solvent trap on your 338 to add on our gallery :) If you send me a picture I will send you a 15% discount code for any future purchases.
As soon as I get my wrap on my 338 I'll throw it on there and take a picture

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was thinking and am curious if and how often the baffles need to be replaced...or any part that make take some abuse and if a heavier caliber will last a shorter time?

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was wondering that myself but the 338 running subsonic can't cause that much pressure

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It just sounds so interesting and sorta fun!