Sig's new ar "pistol" arm brace

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
There you go, you need it w the recoil on the 458...Good Luck!

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I like that the SBX would be folding, will fit in a small case, easy to carry

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dave the SBX is the new brace, I have not found the folder option yet, did you?

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
No, first time I've seen it here, but one thing I like about one of my hog rifles that I use my SBR lower on is that with my PVS-14 setup I can carry it in a 30" case, which makes it great carrying on the ATV out to my blinds.

So a folding stock would be nice as long as you have a case wide enough to put it in.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I need to track down the one Sig Tac showed w the SBX then

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I believe that even using the KAK tube setup,you will need at least one of the spacers. With my thermal I have settled on the small spacer only. The large spacer was ok,however using both made the LOP too long for my purposes. --- pruhdlrSANY0066.JPG SANY0065.JPG

bldsmith

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Got the KAK Gen 2 installed. But my previous tube set up caused the Sig arm brace to stretch a bit. It no longer fit properly on the KAK. Had to do some modding on my own. Here is what I came up with.

02ab8bd5-aec6-4078-b388-9fa18c45749f_zps9d3b37bb.jpg

I had to wrap the tube with some rubberized tape. This allowed for a snug fit. But it was still just a tad too close for my comfort. I only bought the tube and not the Kit since I had all the other parts I did not need the added expense. So no spacers. But even if I had the spacers since the brace was stretched out it would slide over the stop with a little push. The recoil would have just kept pushing it forward. I had to make a spacer to blend into the tube and look like it was supposed to be there. I think I pulled it off and pushed things back another inch.

927cefa2-8e7c-441b-9dbd-696078935193_zps5484e615.jpg

Now I just need to take it to the range and see how it performs.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It would be the same here as mine is on a Phase5 tube and it is larger than the KAK. SO I got the KAK, spacers and all then will order the NEW SMX brace and all will be fine, selling the SB15

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It would be the same here as mine is on a Phase5 tube and it is larger than the KAK. SO I got the KAK, spacers and all then will order the NEW SMX brace and all will be fine, selling the SB15
What'cha want for the SB15 (and ATF letter)?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
$110, have to get the other one first they are out of stock

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Got me an SB15 ordered up for Bison Chip. Have my own "spacer/stop" planned for mine. Should be nice.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am just waiting for the SBX to be released, KAK tube on spacers waiting. Then I will sell off my SB15

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Got my SB15, got it installed. Managed to get it put on w/o any sort of lube, may not need anything as a spacer to keep it from sliding forward under recoil. We'll see.

Also got my Vortex SPARC (Red Dot) optic Gen 1. Really like how compact it is. The Gen 1 comes with a 2x that screws onto the rear ocular. They're NV compatible and have a variable intensity 2moa dot.

Goodies for "Bison Chip" (6.8 pistol).

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The new SBX brace has been released, I am going to buy one if someone buys my SB15 Brace for $115 shipped.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The new SBX brace has been released, I am going to buy one if someone buys my SB15 Brace for $115 shipped.
M'be I shoulda bought a case of 'em? Looks like they're appreciating at a steady rate? LOL

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well the SB15 is 125 and the SBX 149 I did get my SB15 for 109, but that was only 1 place on ebay I know of.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Additionally, my Vortex SPARC arrived. Both installed onto Bison Chip, 6.8 pistol. 8.5" barrel. And, that's a Maxpedition tablet case, which is the perfect size for the Microsoft Surface.

c31249ca02377de50c4f0c27a02ecf29.jpg

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice RD!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks. Still need to go ahead with my "spacer" plan. I'll incorporate a loop for clipping a sling to it... just forward of the Sig Brace's nose.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I used a Noveske QD sling mount and have one on the rail of my hanguard.