shooting lessons available

neorubio

LSB Active Member
Reading your comments and watching your videos is always a lot of fun and a pleasure! Thank you very much for posting and sharing with us ;)

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What kind of 308 are you using bolt or semi auto? In the last year I got rid of all AR15's they just sat once I picked up my new 308AR the weight has come down a lot of several makes. Just pound .37c cheap Wolf at hogs and Horny-day American Whitetails at the bucks. I still love my bolts, but I'm starting to think those days may have passed with my affinity growing for the newer-ish 308.

You might reload or have a great hook up already and these 6.8 prices may not even be good I have no idea, but wanted to pass this on this is where I get all my handgun and most rifle ammo. These guys are great their prices never fluctuate with political firestorms and shootings they just keep it right where it is same with shipping love them. Crazy fast shipping too.

6.8 SPC Ammo | SGAmmo.com

I like SG ammo

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
old model dpms panther

i like to change it up. sometimes i lead too much, then too little mixed with not following through. i also like to aim high, then low and mix bullets of different velocities in the same mag. to keep it interesting i shoot off styx, the hood, the top, my knees, out the window and free hand. my favorite trick is to play musical chairs with the zoom button so i cant tell how far they are. added to the mix is double digit wind, pivot systems, houses, equipment and livestock.

but make no mistake... i don't do any of this for fun. i get my enjoyment posting my infrequent kills here so i can enjoy the volumes of corrective advice. that's what makes it all worthwhile for me.

20170310_220832_zpswisnlfz3.jpeg
ONE TIME IN BAND CAMP!!!!! BANG BANG!!

And I wasn't in band!!

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Hate to ruin your fun but my post was in jest. I just could not get my tablet to post up a smiley face.
BTW . . . I think it is great that we now can openly discuss the massive energy dump and laser like trajectories of the mighty 300BLK. It was gettin' kinda old talking about the 6.8WTF all the time.
Actually . . . . I am thinking pretty seriously about selling my three 6.8's. --- pruhdlr

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hate to ruin your fun but my post was in jest. I just could not get my tablet to post up a smiley face.
BTW . . . I think it is great that we now can openly discuss the massive energy dump and laser like trajectories of the mighty 300BLK. It was gettin' kinda old talking about the 6.8WTF all the time.
Actually . . . . I am thinking pretty seriously about selling my three 6.8's. --- pruhdlr
Exactly what kind of junky 6.8"s do you want to sell?

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I got a POS 18" Bison Armory side charge,an extremely inaccurate 10.5" Yankee Hill Machine,and a Ruger Mini-14, all chambered in 6.8WTF. I am an extremely balistically challenged individual. --- pruhdlr

LSB Active Member
old model dpms panther

Great template to work from that is what my 308AR is patterned after as well.....makes for a breeze if you need replacement parts more aligned with the AR15 readily available manufacturers. The AR10/308 can be a little bit of a hassle finding parts with certain makes where they are the only source.

Last edited:
D

djones

i love my 308 but it's hard for a man like me to be faithful to just one gun. now i'm paying for my wicked ways.

if it could only talk!!

IMG_0141_zpsoxe6qyzz.jpg

I got a POS 18" Bison Armory side charge,an extremely inaccurate 10.5" Yankee Hill Machine,and a Ruger Mini-14, all chambered in 6.8WTF
make him an offer on all of 'em.

not so fast puddle humper. i believe you only offered up this retraction AFTER you noticed lawfrog was pimping the 300wtf now. you'll prolly lose your banner over this

LSB Active Member
i love my 308 but it's hard for a man like me to be faithful to just one gun. now i'm paying for my wicked ways.

if it could only talk!!

IMG_0141_zpsoxe6qyzz.jpg

make him an offer on all of 'em.

not so fast puddle humper. i believe you only offered up this retraction AFTER you noticed lawfrog was pimping the 300wtf now. you'll prolly lose your banner over this

wow nice take! i almost picked up one of the dpms lite hunter's, but not having a threaded barrel was something i didn't want to have to do after the fact. did you build yours from the ground up with a threaded barrel for your can? i was thinking, perhaps wrongly, that dpms did not offer any of their 308AR's with threaded barrels. dang i woulda probably gone for that lite hunter b/c it came with a rifle length A2 stock which i much prefer....easier to build up a home made cheek rest.

BDubbs

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
old model dpms panther

i like to change it up. sometimes i lead too much, then too little mixed with not following through. i also like to aim high, then low and mix bullets of different velocities in the same mag. to keep it interesting i shoot off styx, the hood, the top, my knees, out the window and free hand. my favorite trick is to play musical chairs with the zoom button so i cant tell how far they are. added to the mix is double digit wind, pivot systems, houses, equipment and livestock.

but make no mistake... i don't do any of this for fun. i get my enjoyment posting my infrequent kills here so i can enjoy the volumes of corrective advice. that's what makes it all worthwhile for me.

20170310_220832_zpswisnlfz3.jpeg
shooting in those huge wide open fields with thermal has got to be tricky, but it sure does look like a ton of fun!!

D

djones

i think it's a dpms lr308t. came with removable flash hider, so it was already threaded. at first i just had the night scope. i put a delta type cheek piece on for a better cheek weld at that scope height. that rig worked great!

dpms2_zpsyb8ruhe9.jpg

eventually i put on the can and had to go with an adjustable gas block to keep it reliable. then i went ahead and got an adjustable stock as well. of course it had a trigger upgrade too.

dpms1_zpsqkexang7.jpg

there's nothing quite like shooting herds in open fields. lsb doesn't have enough band width to post all the kills that gun is responsible for!

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I got a POS 18" Bison Armory side charge,an extremely inaccurate 10.5" Yankee Hill Machine,and a Ruger Mini-14, all chambered in 6.8WTF. I am an extremely balistically challenged individual. --- pruhdlr
Wow! You kinda started at the bottom don't ya think?

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
i almost picked up one of the dpms lite hunter's, but not having a threaded barrel was something i didn't want to have to do after the fact. i was thinking, perhaps wrongly, that dpms did not offer any of their 308AR's with threaded barrels.
This is not that big of a project.

The G2 recon has a threaded 16 in barrel.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
6.8 still outperforms.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
i think it's a dpms lr308t. came with removable flash hider, so it was already threaded. at first i just had the night scope. i put a delta type cheek piece on for a better cheek weld at that scope height. that rig worked great!

dpms2_zpsyb8ruhe9.jpg

eventually i put on the can and had to go with an adjustable gas block to keep it reliable. then i went ahead and got an adjustable stock as well. of course it had a trigger upgrade too.

dpms1_zpsqkexang7.jpg

there's nothing quite like shooting herds in open fields. lsb doesn't have enough band width to post all the kills that gun is responsible for!
Man I see that line of pork and instantly think. How many thousands of rounds were expended in that process?

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I also have an older Bushmaster/DPMS. I have also changed to adjustable gas and several other parts. I call the weapon my "Blackout +P.
I shoot the Barnes 110gr black tips at 2600,and the 125gr NosBalTips at 2350 using the H4895 60% rule. Great killer and doesn't beat up my bad shoulder too bad. --- pruhdlr

D

djones

i was shooting 150-168 grain bullets. i particularly liked the amaxs. would probably try some lighter bullets if/when i go back to it.

Man I see that line of pork and instantly think. How many thousands of rounds were expended in that process?
normally that would be most folks' first thought, but the 308 only holds 20 rounds. it's the real deal.

dpms3_zps0vhnahnx.jpg

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks for the vids DJ, they are always fun