Otay, It's Smoker Day

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Me too !!!! Ya know (though)? Hickory smells "more gooder" than deck boards. LOL

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Otay, it's "resting". Almost time to tickle it with the blade.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nope, not right.

Don't care for the rub.
Smoke flavor is good... just a hint of zinc galvanizing, a little arsenic... Mmmmm.
Not long enough with that LOW temp baking/smoke to tenderize it. Eats more like steak than brisket. 7 1/2 hrs wasn't long enough.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah... oh well... don't do it enough to have it down. Needed more bark... and, the butchers around here do too much trimming for the pansies. Definitely needs a different rub though.

Simple Man

LSB Member
Vendor
I did a brisket yesterday too C. Came out good.Mine was 7 pounds and I smoked it for right at 4 hrs and wrapped it for another 5 to render at 200-225 F. SJB here has taught me lots bout the brisket deal. I do mine a little different then him though. I'm sure he'll chime in.I marinate mine over night in soy sauce or dales marinade. Let it get back to room temp next morning and season it with onion powder.garlic powder. and pepper.. Lay it on smoker grate fat side up and cover the fat with dried onion flakes. I like my apple and pecan woods but always mix them with hickory because like you, I love the smell of hickory.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well, the apple pie and whipped cream were good. LOL At least a guy can depend on the store bakery. The next one will be "more gooder". I'm always afraid of overcooking and having it dried out.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Email sent.
Got it, and replied. Thanks again. Good tip on the foil wrap process in the middle of cooking time.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'll take the handicap. LOL

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Oh my too funny my ribs were excellent.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
RD, I do the foil too sometimes but now have a counter top turkey roaster. I take the meat off the smoker when the level of smoke is achieved and place it in the roaster. I use beer, or apple juice or whatever you want as liquid in the bottom. There is a rack to put the meat on so it is not sitting in the liquid...really keeps the meat moist, just as you like it I am sure as it is getting tender. The roasters are $15-20 and last a long time. Good Luck

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sliced me up some leftovers. Flour tortilla on the iron skillet to warm it, flip it over and layer some shredded cheese on, some thin sliced brisket, a couple of spoons of salsa on it, fold it over and lightly brown each side for a nice soft taco. A few of those did a rumbling belly some good.

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Damn guys, just ran down to Carl's for a berger and now im reading bout brisket! Im gonna Q up some Top Serloin Friday night just to torment you all back!!!