ok maybe something's wrong

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think he just enjoys shooting at them on the run, whether he hits them or not isn't important as long as he gets to shoot. Lol
This is me as well. Nothing is more gratifying than knocking one down at long range. Remember he killed one at 466 yards one night and got it on video. I just wish it had been me. I've got one at 375 twice but 466 would be so much better.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I don't think I can support that. I feel like if anyone takes the time to post a video or pictures, they have earned a "like." I know how many things can go wrong when you try to video your hunt.
Oh, I know... it'd just be the motivation he needs to secure the "like" with a first shot hit. LOL

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Also after watching your video that is a lot of movement after the shot for a 6.8 looked like 45/70 muzzle climb there. 200 yards is a long was to shoot even using a car door, but it seems it should be more stable that the video appears to be. With a man of your weight shooting a 6.8 the crosshairs shouldn't even leave the target.

D

djones

Also after watching your video that is a lot of movement after the shot for a 6.8 looked like 45/70 muzzle climb there. 200 yards is a long was to shoot even using a car door, but it seems it should be more stable that the video appears to be. With a man of your weight shooting a 6.8 the crosshairs shouldn't even leave the target.
i'm not laying on top of the gun! i was shooting over the cab using the mag as rest.

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm proud of you DJ! Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Maybe the bullets are stabilizing out that far.
Put your gun in a vise....heat the barrel red hot with a torch and give it a couple more twists...should be fine after that. It will look cool too!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
i was waiting for someone to suggest it who has actually killed some hogs. i think i'll take backsters and choppas advice now...
Oh... ok, I'm on the same page now... one knows nothing of squeezing a trigger unless he's killed a hog. Otay. Ya gotta define yer terms when talking sometimes. Dang... I wasted all that time in Alaska filling freezers with Caribou... I should've been aiming at pigs down south. My bad. :confused:

BDubbs

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It looks more n more like the only problem is DJ's thick skull... perhaps it's time to forget the rifle and just tote the ole 10 bore around. Dump a couple extra handfuls of gravel down the tunnel and everything should be fine! Lol

D

djones

Oh... ok, I'm on the same page now... one knows nothing of squeezing a trigger unless he's killed a hog. Otay. Ya gotta define yer terms when talking sometimes. Dang... I wasted all that time in Alaska filling freezers with Caribou... I should've been aiming at pigs down south. My bad. :confused:
talk_zps3a518bca_1.gif

D

djones

It looks more n more like the only problem is DJ's thick skull... perhaps it's time to forget the rifle and just tote the ole 10 bore around. Dump a couple extra handfuls of gravel down the tunnel and everything should be fine! Lol
finally... someone who gets it!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
you hunted caribou??!! my god man, i bet there were times you had to come to a complete stop!! you deserve a bravery banner for that!!!

View attachment 4745
Umm Mr throwing stones in a glass house. Dj that has hundreds of hogs in the field destroying everything but only manages to shoot the hooves off.

D

djones

Umm Mr throwing stones in a glass house. Dj that has hundreds of hogs in the field destroying everything but only manages to shoot the hooves off.
hey, at least i'm out there trying instead of posing with my gear on, drinking beer and taking selfies.

on second thought, you're right. i'm sorry.

ps, i dont suppose that apology would interest you in giving me a banner would it?

tlm pose.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
you hunted caribou??!! my god man, i bet there were times you had to come to a complete stop!! you deserve a bravery banner for that!!!

View attachment 4745
That's just a small band... I've seen them tens of thousands strong at times (when I was working up there on the North Slope). Drove me crazy not being able to shoot a few for my freezer while I was at work.

Bou012.jpg

bou001.jpg

We also had "ruh-roh" moments...

HeyBooBoo002.jpg

Boo-Boo wanted IN...

HeyBooBoo003.jpg

The BIGGEST "ruh-roh" moments were when these boys joined the party.

StandingTall.jpg

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
These boys eat good too. Saw this group while on the bus to go home one day.

0813003MuskOx_zps50b9bf56.jpg

0813005MukOx_zps51687c4d.jpg

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Awesome Pics!!