Mulefoot DOUBLE, 6 From Sounder, 1 Lone Boar

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Big Weekend. It started off with a short hunt at TBR before going out with my buddy Dave and his friends for the night and the quick hunt at TBR turned up two mulefoot hogs! Given all the piglets, I suspect that there are many more...

Dave et al. picked me up at TBR and we head out and it wasn't but a couple of hours later when we came across this sounder...

After we ran out of hogs in the Montague area, we headed up to Spanish Fort and managed to find a lone boar...

BDubbs

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
good stuff,Mr Brian!

Andrew Wallace

LSB Member
What a day of hunting! Great job Brian, and great video as always!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What great fun there ! Yer just the mule foot finding machine there B !! And, TWO in one set at that !

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Haha that pewpew gets me every time lol. Nice job Brian!

dman62

LSB Member
Carpe Sus Mule Foot? I laughed out loud and got "the look" from my wife. "What crazy stuff are you warching now?" "It's just Brian, one of the holy trinity of hog hunting saints in Texas smiting the evil creatures from off the face of Montague county!" "That's nice dear." Carpe sus butter cup!"

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hogs down ... you got a good population of mule foot hogs!! Not sure if I ever checked, next time.

Bacon8tor

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Awesome trifecta of footage! Looks like you've got a lot of work to do at the property in the first video. That was a lot of hogs. That mkiii 60mm sure does produce a nice image.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Did you know the Mulefoot is an actual breed of pig? Today, the Mulefoot is the rarest of American swine breeds. It has been a conservation priority for American Livestock Breeds Conservancy for over a decade.

Only about 600 registered in the US and 1000 worldwide. You might contact the register and let them know about the wild population you have found, I am betting they would be interested

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yea...I wouldn't tell anyone, they will put them on the rare or endangered list and cut off all hog kills w/in a 100 sq. miles.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They are high in fat and a great ham pig one to certainly butcher when you kill them...a National treasure!