LSB a new generation of hog hunters

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Guys n gals let me say that I have been to a LOT of “hog hunting” forums over the years. Most I have gotten bored with and quit going to or there was just lack of interest and knowledge among the members. I’ve also been banned from a few for claiming I could call hogs. The same idiot banned several members for taking head shots on hogs!!!!! Saw the same idiot on a news broadcast demonstrating his idiotic method of removing hogs. The whole time, pointing his gun at himself and the camera man. I know several people that called and complained about that. They were told that everything was safe the gun wasn’t loaded. I called them after hearing what they told the others and pointed out to them that there are more people killed with “unloaded” firearms each year than by any other gun related accident. This is the kind of garbage you deal with in the hog hunting internet realm. Unsafe idiots, evil dictators, misinformation, jealous or envious people that want to see you fail. Oh and lets not forget the keyboard kings!
Anyway I’ll get off my soap box and say that what I am seeing here at LBS, is a bunch of dedicated hog hunters, willing to learn, share and expand their experiences. Kudos to you all. I have really enjoyed the forum and look forward to seeing it grow and gain members. I would love to see it far surpass the other forums I’m talking about for sure. There is just too much foolish misinformation being propagated there.
Today I’m going to share the LSB link on my face book. I hope it generates some good traffic.
Thanks again guys

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks for the words. Most here are long time hunters and gun enthusiast(big word for me). This all started with TLM wanting a good forum for hogs, while afalex1 and myself telling him to stop talking and do it LOL . TLM is a dedicated hog'r that will also be upfront/non-biased with people. If someone gets removed from here I know it was well deserved. LSB also brought on good vendors and members off of other forums to get things started. I think it has been great so far and hopes it continues to grow.

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I can't remember who invited me. I've noticed as I get older I can't remember jack spit! I may be able to lure a few more advertizers here if the membership grows. doubt they will even look at it till there are a few thousand though.

Last edited:

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
As long as people don't get too out of control and let egos get in the way this forum will stay great. Seems egos are few around here though

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
As long as people don't get too out of control and let egos get in the way this forum will stay great. Seems egos are few around here though

hey I resemble that statement!

HD, there is a forum called predator masters, they get a pretty good chunk for advertizing and don't have any trouble getting them, but there are around 40K members. It's areal mad house at times. I've been a member there a long time.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm sure lots will want to advertise to a few thousand! LOL..
Nuttin' like having the obvious be an epiphany. (As the angelic hosts sing modulating chords)

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
HD, there is a forum called predator masters, they get a pretty good chunk for advertizing and don't have any trouble getting them, but there are around 40K members. It's areal mad house at times. I've been a member there a long time.
I have checked that forum out a few times. Didn't care for it much

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thank you very much! I started this forum because I love the outdoors and to hunt (especially hogs!). I've been on many forums some good some bad. In fact I'm a member on predator masters since 1999. Before I focused on hogs predator calling was my favorite.

Myself along with several other friends noticed a void and that's why LSB was created. My goal was and is a forum where we can share ideas, stories, make friends, and learn from each other. Without getting banned because someone has different ideas. Anyone who thinks something can be done to make the forum better let me know!

I'm also guilty about thinking something won't work and then being proved wrong more than once. And I've proved stuff will work that people thought wouldn't. Failed royally a bunch too! That's how we learn.

Sorry if this reads even worse than usual I typed it driving down the road.

Last edited:

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Everyone has something to teach and everyone has something to learn. It's nice to do both and not be talked down to. Like you say, we learn from out mistakes. I have seen too many people that think they never make one and that's where the problems start

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
It use to be a great forum with a lot of top names in the predator hunting industry. I use to wander why more "well known" names in the industry didn't hang out on the forums. I've since learned why. Having hunted with a lot of the bigger names out there. I can tell you, it gets to be too much time spent defending yourself against idiots and putting out fires instead of the main goal, which is to help others. Now most of the big dogs don't hang out on there becasue of that very thing. There are a lot of newbies which in a way is really a good thing. There are also alot of keyboard hunter/bullies that only want to stir the pot. IT's worse in the summer months.

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
hey TLM we need a video forum.

I hear you. I have failed more than I like to admit.

I will tell you something else, I've had non hunters ask dumb questions that really made me think outside the box. I've said for a long time: If you are not learning something every day, week, month or year you are either dead or not paying attention.

Our world is an ever changing environment, the animals change with it. A lot faster than we do, in tern we have to pay attention to what is going on and adapt our hunting styles accordingly.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
(Insert stern voice)
Well I am a forum master and have been a long time member to every hunting forum out there. In fact I invented the internet forum and the internet too. Y'all need to bow before me and kiss my feet and call me master.

Just kiddin. I have also visited other forums and found the same results you are talking about guess. It is easy to let a forum get out of hand, but it is much easier to maintain a great forum. I have confidence in this forum leaders and feel they will he fair.

Again thanks for the kind words.

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
share the videos guys I like'em!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
As long as I have hunted and as old as I am I still like to hear what others are doing and try new things. I hate forums that tell you that you are wrong and it can't be done that way, what may work for you may not work for me but I bet I will give it a shot. I also think the hog populations are learning from us and it will take changing things up and thinking outside the box to keep up with them. Great forum and good people here, I am enjoying it...Thanks!

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have greatly appreciated the advice and knowledge that is shared freely both here and on 68. I too am a life long hunter and still I learn so much from everyone's varied experiences. I also find quite a bit of humor in so many of the stories since it is real life.
A closed mind will never reach its full potential.

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I agree with Frank in that they are getting smarter, as I have seen it. New info/tactics are what we are going to need and we will get that from each other.