i can't go on like this

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
DJ, you are a deadly dude on those first shots, but you suck at follow-up shots. Lol

Nice videos by the way and it looks like you had a good time even with the malfunctions.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
NO! I do not want any oil with my ammo.

do y'all oil the mag spring?[/QUOTE]

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You're not sticking your tongue out right.

D

djones

pretty sure the rifle is functioning fine. the oil blowback was just the first few rounds of a freshly oiled gun. i may try oiling the mag spring. remind me again... does it matter which way the plastic thingy goes?

had a gas buster charging handle on the dpms 308. guess it was harder than the receiver. the latch on the handle wore off the catch on the receiver. handle would just slide freely. i had to tie a bandana around it to keep it from hitting me in the face.

scram scram scram. you've definitely won the battle with that one. i'm just glad you don't have a pic of the other side of me when i'm doing that.

D

djones

NO! I do not want any oil with my ammo.

do y'all oil the mag spring?
i was wondering if that would affect the brass' ability to 'grab' the chamber wall. but wouldn't any residue get blown out each time you fire

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
pretty sure the rifle is functioning fine. the oil blowback was just the first few rounds of a freshly oiled gun. i may try oiling the mag spring. remind me again... does it matter which way the plastic thingy goes?

had a gas buster charging handle on the dpms 308. guess it was harder than the receiver. the latch on the handle wore off the catch on the receiver. handle would just slide freely. i had to tie a bandana around it to keep it from hitting me in the face.

scram scram scram. you've definitely won the battle with that one. i'm just glad you don't have a pic of the other side of me when i'm doing that.

I think it is more about the side walls so the spring can move more freely. That plastic thingy I usually put things back like I find them:). It goes in the RIGHT WAY:)? And that charging handle mishap was that from massive use and not oiling that? You might have got a bad one But now that you have the 6.8 you do not have to worry about it anymore. I have never had a problem with the PRI or the ASC mags. Let me take that back,, I did until I started taking them apart and oiling them and keeping them clean since then no problems. Going to man up on Friday and PROBABLY??? go out down South and dump a bunch of ammo (if the piggys cooperate) and hopefully will not have any problems but I will oil things up to be safe?:)
BANG BANG!!!

Last edited:

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
i was wondering if that would affect the brass' ability to 'grab' the chamber wall. but wouldn't any residue get blown out each time you fire
If you fire a bunch on one night it would not hurt to put a drop or two in/on the bolt and the carrier. I have seen guys at the range have troubles from shooting a bunch and coming to the range and not cleaned their stuff and I put some poopytack on there for them and they are good to go! BANG BANG!!

If you have ever watched the 3 gun guys they run all their stuff wet and when I say WET I mean WET. When they are done they have oil every where. I do not run my stuff like that but I darn sure do make sure it is LUBED UP!!!:) Oil is good BANG BANG!!

D

djones

dear snake, rgoober, flower, doggy69, FrankenT, choppa and shufflebutt,

i think i liked y'all more when.... well nevermind. i don't think i ever liked y'all.

scrambler, you are in a class of hatred all your own. i still have nightmares from you that require therapy.

doll_zpsyez5fwp6.jpg

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

i think i liked y'all more when.... well nevermind. i don't think i ever liked y'all.

scrambler, you are in a class of hatred all your own. i still have nightmares from you that require therapy.

doll_zpsyez5fwp6.jpg
Did him hurt both yer feelings?

Hunt TXHogs

LSB Member
DJ might want to contact Anderson Arms and request a 6.8 in RF85, that'll solve the oil + dirt + pivot water + tender feelings problems...

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Darn it! You had me all the way up to the tender feelings when I realized you were just kidding 'cause we all know there is NO cure for DJ's tender feelings.

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter

doll_zpsyez5fwp6.jpg

Sounds like I'm living rent free in DJ's mind!

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I have nothing but a hunch to support this idea. I'm thinking your mag spring should be cleaned and oiled periodically to preserve it, but I'd "NOT" want any amount of excess oil remaining in the mag or on the spring since you're running suppressed. Only use the bare minimum there.

This is only my observation, but I personally get so much soot on the remaining rounds in the mag and gas build-up inside magazine itself that I can envision this may cause feeding problems in short order if over oiled??

Especially with all the shooting you do.

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
DJ,

Sorry if I come across as harsh. I realize that I can be too abrupt for some people. Please feel free to fill out the attached document for LSB site administrators for the appropriate disciplinary actions.

hurt-feelings-report.jpg

D

djones

well well well. let's all pile on dj while he's down.

shufflebutt - point taken. you may have been accidentally caught in friendly fire. i'm moving your name over to my list of BFFs and moving txhunt to my list of douche nozzles. yea, they're still friends too, but i feel i need to be a little harder on them.

flower... crap on the shells and in the mag from suppressed fire certainly is a problem. so yes, i clean the mags often. for anyone who doesn't shoot suppressed, here's a mag from the 308

mag_zpsqf9un5tq.jpg

everything on the 6.8 was clean. that was just the first time i loaded up the mag. i really think that was the problem. since it was dark when all jams occurred, and i didn't have time to look at it, i really don't know what was going on in the magwell or ejection port area. i just dropped the mag, racked the bolt, stuffed the mag back and racked the bolt again. when i had timing or dirt jams on the 308, there was almost always an empty stuck somewhere in the equation. none of my 6.8 empties were stuck and none looked like they were rammed in the side by the bolt.

as far as wearing off the charging handle latch from the receiver with the gas buster charging handle on the 308, that was from loading and unloading. i oil the part that slides in the top of the receiver and sometimes the latch spring, but not the hook part of the latch itself.

and i don't even know what 3 gun is, but is sounds like something i can do when i'm too old to hunt. sorta like golf.

scram... nothing is free. you're gonna pay one way or another

D

djones

scram, thanks. big of you to admit you were a bit harsh. i downloaded the form and also received a coupon for some ointment that i'm going to try.

butthurtcream_zps4ee5b0f6.jpg

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'd say "attention whore" status has been achieved here. First, whining that no-one took the shots which were open... now, whining that the accommodating shots were taken. All is right with the world. :rolleyes: o_O

D

djones

ratt69,

did you used to go by the name packrat? oh well, either way, i'm going to make you a special project of mine...

suppressed%20shotgun_zpsguxzdkta.jpg

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have never seen a more needy person
shockedbaby.jpg