i can't go on like this

D

djones

had been loading magazines a box at a time with factory ammo - 20 rounds. reloaded some rounds and stuffed 25 in a pri mag. jamming pos. fortunately i didn't have the vid cable plugged in to remind me. one pig.

IMG_0966_zps9yvxylqm.jpg

checked loads. seemed fine. seated a little deeper just in case. mouth at bottom of cannelure on 120gr sst in new ssa brass. about 2500 fps. nothing too hot. tweaked magazine lips even tho they weren't too bad to begin with. checked mag spring. it was already fine. surely i'm good to go.

i didn't add any more rounds to it. went on to the next spot and it ran fine. i think it just doesn't like to be filled up. still no reason to miss so many shots, but i'm still thinking of an excuse for that.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It's alright ... got some hogs down at least! Yeah I've had trouble when loading PRIs all the way to the top. I usually load it full and remove 2 - 3. You can also send the mags back to PRI and they can tweak the mags some. ASC mags are a good alternative and they are cheap!

They are currently out of the 25 rounders ... darn
44MAG.com - Wholesale Rifle and Pistol Magazines

I'm also using spring co red springs and spikes t2 buffer .. so far so good but need to test it out some more. I was using a h2 buffer but had some issues.

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
New PRI mags can have issues when new. Shoot them for a while with 2-3 rounds less than full. After a little bit of time they will loosen up and should be fine.

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dead hogs still. I've had Lancer Mag for years. Love it. Don't know if they make for the SPC but if they do I'd give a try.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
a high dollar mag with problems but a cheap CPD or ASC no issues, no call for that!

I love all the shooting, those puffs of dirt make it exciting!

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
ASC mags here, never had an issue. But if I had a jamming problem- mine would be bigger.

D

djones

my jugular is exposed and no one went for it. what's this place coming to? scrambler.... you're back on call.

i did notice that my floor plates don't slide out easily, in fact, i had to hammer them out with a punch (yes i depressed the release button). it almost seems like my mags were squashed at the bottom. i also had to hammer them back in. after a few in and outs, they loosened up some, but i still have to apply enough force that if i wobbled a bit i feel like i could bend them if i slipped.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
my jugular is exposed and no one went for it. what's this place coming to?
What is wrong with you...a disgrace to LSB members and visitors alike. And you didn't even cuss or throw your mags when the gun jammed...you need help. Feel better?

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
my jugular is exposed and no one went for it. what's this place coming to? scrambler.... you're back on call.

i did notice that my floor plates don't slide out easily, in fact, i had to hammer them out with a punch (yes i depressed the release button). it almost seems like my mags were squashed at the bottom. i also had to hammer them back in. after a few in and outs, they loosened up some, but i still have to apply enough force that if i wobbled a bit i feel like i could bend them if i slipped.
I just saw this. You sir are a dumbass! Quit spending all them bucks and get some ASC mags and learn to shoot. Do you feel better now?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
while you are at it you better buy more ammo, 20 rds per pig is expensive

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Geez... my mother shoots straighter than that... and she was legally blind, and is 24yrs. dead... and was terrified of guns. (That help?)

At least a few are down, that's "more gooder" than getting skunked.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You are hilarious.
First vid: terrible jam timing... Woulda had em on those shots (each over 45678 lbs of course)
Second vid: looked like good shooting to me ... Even on the misses... Prolly got more than 1.

I've never had issue with PRI mags.

I have had issues with ASC mags when loaded within 2-3 of mag capacity on 25 rd mags.

Keep up the good work! Maybe one day your (and my) shooting will be as good as your story telling!!

Hunt TXHogs

LSB Member
CPD just released a 28 round mag, sell of those PRIs and buy a handful of larger cap magazines.

Also we make the guys who malfunction clean all the BCGs and receivers when back at camp, they usually find that they "missed a few" cleaning cycles and that their bolts are gummy hindering butter smooth function.

Didn't you have a hunt a couple of weeks back where you shot up the county all night ... Didya give your bolt a good cleaning after that????

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
clean the weapon?? DJ don't CLEAN

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL... we shared the 6.8 secret... should we share the Frog Lube secret too? Naw... he wouldn't follow the directions on the bottle, and then lament endlessly how it doesn't work. :p

D

djones

yea i fired a few shots a while back, but the mags were loaded from partial boxes. probably no more than 16 rounds or so in the mag. when the gun is so dirty that i have a hard time extracting a live round to unload, then i clean it... chamber, bolt and carrier. often that's after one night of good hunting, or several boxes. i've cleaned under the extractor a couple times and it wasn't bad. decided i can let it go longer in between cleanings.

been using frog lube for quite a while. no oil blown back in the eye from suppressor! if you're going to tell me about a gas buster charging handle, i will tell you in advance... take your charging handle and gfy.

if y'all are the same knuckle heads that said i'm not leading enough and/or not following through, i'm putting you on ignore! i can't get that out of my mind now!

i saw on 6.8 a guy named chad offered somebody a 28 rounder to test. i emailed him last night and offered to test one too. guess i'm too impatient. he hasn't responded yet, so i already ordered one.

do y'all oil the mag spring?

Last edited by a moderator:

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Make sure the BCG and insides are clean and well lubed. The mags I have mentioned it before. On new mags I take them apart and clean them and dry them out. oil them up put them back together then oil them some more and set them on a table or somewhere and every time you walk past them turn them a quarter turn for a good day or so then at the end turn them on end let the excess oil drain out wipe them down and oil them once in awhile.

Do not know why you would be getting a lot of blow back I have not heard to many people mention that. Might be a good idea to not wait till the gun starts acting up to clean it?? (just a thought there)!! Maybe open the GB up a little and just make sure you have things good and lubed, I use Hoppes or that red stuff ELP or EPL or what ever it is. Better luck to ya! BANG BANG!!