Hunting rig bible

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
RD, not a thing wrong with a 2wd with a limited slip! My "nice" truck is a 2010 GMC 1500 2wd with a limited slip and I have taken it all over the ranches a few times, usually to drag my broke Toyota or Jeep back to the house to work on it!
I wouldn't mind "lifting" it about 4" though.

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Meh, good way to ruin your fuel milage and cause a bunch of issues with driveline and u-joints. Stick some beefy tires under it and it will do more for ya for less outta the pocket. I my opinion, unless you spend the big bucks on lifts that retain OEM angles on all piviot points, your just asking for a lot of small headaches that add up over time. Old Man Emu, Camburg, (some) Fabtech, and Black Dimond are the ones that I will recommend if you decide to jack it up! Not really sure who offers anything for your truck, but Ill bet you Camburg will make a prerunner lift for you that could compete at Huckfest.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Actually... I was thinking along the lines of some taller tires for half of that... and about 2" of body lift. I'm aware of pinion angles.. being an extended cab, it balances out the short bed... keeping the driveline length long (less pinion angle deviation). I think my diff is in the neighborhood of 3.90:1, so an additional 2" (of tire) may not kill me. It's never been a tire-burner (power), and I'm definitely talking "moderation" here.

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I have built a few motors for some of those guys, LOTS of money. Most of them are one type of spoiled brat or another, the rest are joe-shmoes like us who save and scrounge to be able to compete once or twice a year. There is a 4BT Cummins powered Jeep in the background about halfway through that I helped with. 300HP, 880lbs/ft of torque, gets 25mpgs, weights in 50lbs heavier than a chevy 350, and can tow their Airstream camper with it. If Troy would turn on the juice (Water/methanol and Propane injections), that Jeep could put any stock 1 ton pickup to shame in a towing competition, but he gets scared of hurting things so he only turns on the Water/Methanol and leaves the propane off. I didn't dyno the engine with the power adders on it, but I would guess he can push 400HP and easily clear 1000ft/lbs of torque.

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Actually... I was thinking along the lines of some taller tires for half of that... and about 2" of body lift. I'm aware of pinion angles.. being an extended cab, it balances out the short bed... keeping the driveline length long (less pinion angle deviation). I think my diff is in the neighborhood of 3.90:1, so an additional 2" (of tire) may not kill me. It's never been a tire-burner (power), and I'm definitely talking "moderation" here.
That would work, just check the body lift every 6 weeks or so for the first year, the clamps seem to walk loose quite often.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That would work, just check the body lift every 6 weeks or so for the first year, the clamps seem to walk loose quite often.
10-4 'dat... always figured I'd need to do it without an off-the-shelf kit. Not like tinkering with a Chebby.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Fair deal??

Could have a new paint job for cosmetic reasons but mechanically runs fine. Just the normal wear and tear for this year. 1988 Toyota Landcruiser FJ62 4X4. 209,000 miles and many many more to go. Automatic transmission, power locks, power windows. Runs good and gets tons of compliments.
Cold Air Conditioning, Recently Serviced has had Rebuilt transmission since in our care.
We have 3 land cruisers and swear by them. None of them have ever broke down. We hate to sell this we have had it for several years and baby it but we just need the cash right now. We are asking $4,800 or best offer. Please serious inquiries only.
Please call 850-259-9959

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am new to the Land Cruiser scene and have only looked at the 80 series(91-97) so I can't help ya with price. Go to ih8mud.com. It's a Land Cruiser forum with lots of great info. I know TLM swears by his LC and so far mine is a blast.

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Fair deal??

Could have a new paint job for cosmetic reasons but mechanically runs fine. Just the normal wear and tear for this year. 1988 Toyota Landcruiser FJ62 4X4. 209,000 miles and many many more to go. Automatic transmission, power locks, power windows. Runs good and gets tons of compliments.
Cold Air Conditioning, Recently Serviced has had Rebuilt transmission since in our care.
We have 3 land cruisers and swear by them. None of them have ever broke down. We hate to sell this we have had it for several years and baby it but we just need the cash right now. We are asking $4,800 or best offer. Please serious inquiries only.
Please call 850-259-9959
The miles are a bit high for that price, if they can provide service records I would offer 3500. Unless its clearer than a new vehicle don't go past 3800+/-. Be sure to crawl under it and look for any obvious leaks or spots that look TOO clean to be the underside of a vehicle. It will tell you what to expect on repairs, lots of people just breakclean an oil leak before someone comes to look. If your local to a mechanic you trust, ask if they mind him looking over the truck. Most will do it for a good customer for free, some will charge ya 1/2hr labor.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks, I was not sure about that year range and model #, says he has several and need paint, all in good repair...who knows.

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Ya, without looking at it first hand... Its not something I can say its a great deal or a junker. As for paint, I have a guy here who will do the Linex (actually its an off brand but I like it) for less than the cost to paint. Had him do a Jeep and a Chevy 1500. Jeep cost me 800, Chevy cost me 2000 (lot more places sprayed since it was going to be a dune/ocean dwelling truck). Never worry about rust, and it helps keep the dents out.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was going to have a paint roller party and make it look like TLM's...LOL

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I would look for the 95-97 80 series landcruser. Comfort with offload capability.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
OK, Thanks TLM

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I finally found my dream motor home!!

funny-pig-car-design-metal.jpg

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think it is the coolest thing I have seen in a long time, just missing some big cutters.