Hunting Photos post your pics here!

waverider

LSB Member
QMlgRP.jpg

Dropped a couple more to finish out the year.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Buzzards be lovin' you! All those tender Happy Meals...

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dirt-napping song dogs are the best ones!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Six8

SUS VENATOR CLUB
Me and my buddy out with Hog SWAT in GA last night. We dropped a couple. This is the biggest, about 150 lbs. On the run my 3rd shot connected in the neck after I got the lead right.

It was a bright lit full moon night and we couldn't stalk closer than 150 yds on all set ups out in the freshly plowed open fields we were in.

16" .308's
Cavity Back 168gr MKZ's
Armasight Predator 640 2x 19mm
Vortex Viper PST 1-4x
Omega SWR suppressor

Imgur
M8HJnmm

Attachments

• 57235.jpeg
    57235.jpeg
    42.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Me and my buddy out with Hog SWAT in GA last night. We dropped a couple. This is the biggest, about 150 lbs. On the run my 3rd shot connected in the neck after I got the lead right.

It was a bright lit full moon night and we couldn't stalk closer than 150 yds on all set ups out in the freshly plowed open fields we were in.
M8HJnmm
Looks like you're doing it right!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

16" .308's
Cavity Back 168gr MKZ's
Armasight Predator 640 2x 19mm
Vortex Viper PST 1-4x
Omega SWR suppressor

Imgur
M8HJnmm
A downed hog to be proud of, no doubt. Hunting with a good friend is hard to beat!

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Dressed the way in the pic seems that you should have been able to get closer.
We wear all black or dark browns. We stalk the open freashly harvested peanuts fields during the full moon,one directly in back of the other moving somewhat slow in a crouched position.
I have found that in some cases where you think that they see you,they actually hear you or smell you.
Good goin' on them kills. Keep after them.
Be awhare of what is in back of you. If there is a security light a half mile away,I believe that the hogs can see you silhouetted against the light.
Also . . . if the hogs are getting alot to eat they are more content and less likely to scrutinize the horizon. --- pruhdlr

Last edited:

Six8

SUS VENATOR CLUB
Dressed the way in the pic seems that you should have been able to get closer.
We wear all black or dark browns. We stalk the open freashly harvested peanuts fields during the full moon,one directly in back of the other moving somewhat slow in a crouched position.
I have found that in some cases where you think that they see you,they actually hear you or smell you.
Good goin' on them kills. Keep after them.
Be awhare of what is in back of you. If there is a security light a half mile away,I believe that the hogs can see you silhouetted against the light.
Also . . . if the hogs are getting alot to eat they are more content and less likely to scrutinize the horizon. --- pruhdlr

I don't get out but one or two three day trips a year and I have to say last night's full moon was too damn bright! Haha

If I was still using night vision I would appreciated it. But I'm not. The hogs seemed alerted when we would get too close past 150... the alpha of the Sounders popping their heads up acting like they know we are there. Or the lone boars doing it. The guide played the wind great, checking with his talcum powder poof bottle. And we did stalk up in a single line. Dead quiet. But you're right. One of those things we didn't do good enough.

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
BUT - - > For your info . . . on a full moon night we can get closer to deer than we can "roaming for food" hogs.
Once the hogs have found underground peanuts,spider roots,worms,grubs,etc,and start pushing and shoving each other for a place at the dinner table,we have gotten to within 35yds of them. --- pruhdlr

Six8

SUS VENATOR CLUB
BUT - - > For your info . . . on a full moon night we can get closer to deer than we can "roaming for food" hogs.
Once the hogs have found underground peanuts,spider roots,worms,grubs,etc,and start pushing and shoving each other for a place at the dinner table,we have gotten to within 35yds of them. --- pruhdlr
Yessur we worked on it last night! We had a couple 50 yd encounters. It was bright as I don't know what! But we and the guide worked harder at getting closer this night. It was a blast!
IsFitjm

kFQx97k

Last edited: