Hunting Photos post your pics here!

SC-Texas

Texas Gun Trust
Thursday night pig hunt! Two recovered. Two more ran off with holes in them.

cf653ed9e0c50dc2d55cc8e9875a19e7.jpg

#diepiggydie First hog using the Snipe IR. This was a Team Kill. I shot the hog with a 62gr fusion and a friend also put one in him.
Hodge Defense AU mod 1, IR Hunter Snipe IR and a Socom556sb in a Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover. Other gear . . . A M24 recon.

0bbb0bf6faf2f4c6daa7e1547f3c1c51.jpg

Entrance above and exit belie of a 62gr fusion. 125 + yards on the run with the Snipe IR Clip on.

1bbe3e37ceb49bb5865d4c9835859754.jpg

ed32eda232014bcdf6803f252e2f3978.jpg

#diepiggydie second hog using the Snipe IR. 125 + yards on the run with a 62gr fusion.

Hodge Defense AU mod 1, IR Hunter Snipe IR and a Socom556sb in a Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover. Other gear . . . A M24 recon, Team Wendy exfil w/ a "That Company Which Shall Not Be Mentioned" pvs-14 on a Wilcox mount.

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
What watch are you wearing in the pics ?? --- pruhdlr

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
… and I absolutely LOVE your camo !!

Seriously!

Cazz

US Army Veteran, Hunting Addict
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Here are some dead pigs! (Last week in Burleson County.) Love my .308 and Armasight Zeus.IMG_0744.JPG IMG_0742.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0748.JPG
    IMG_0748.JPG
    300.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0756.JPG
    IMG_0756.JPG
    236.6 KB · Views: 3

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
20171129_213152_resized.jpg I shot 20171129_212239_resized.jpg 20171129_220152_resized.jpg

I shot the big black and white sow on the end with a number of 120gr SST's out of of my 6.8. As you can see by the belly hit I was shooting a tad low as she ran from me. I didn't even start shooting at her till she was over 250 yards away. Dropped her at 300 yards when she ran into a hog wire fence. If you look closely at the 1st pic you will see a 120gr SSt sticking out of her side. After taking it out, it appeared to have been a short round that ricocheted into her side.

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
20171130_203846_resized.jpg 20171130_203926_resized.jpg 20171130_104830_resized.jpg

From left to right.

Bullet no. 1: FMJ fired out of a .300 blk at a 220lbs pig at 150 yards. Penetrated the 3/4 inch shield just behind the shoulder blade, hit and broke a rib, then deflected upwards and was in the back strap. Would not have killed this pig.

Bullet no. 2: 6.8 spc 90gr federal fusion. Same pig as above. Passed through the shield broke a rib and was lodged in the opposite side shield about halfway thru. Would have killed the pig

Bullet no. 3: 6.8 spc 120gr SST. Same pig as above. Neck shot, hit just in front of the shoulder. The jacket separated, the lead core went through a part of the neck bone and was recovered about 2 inches from the jacket. Would have killed the pig.

Bullet no. 4: 6.8 spc 120gr SST. Recovered from the neck bone of the pig with the cut off head. This was the fatal shot and hit the pig at close to 300 yards. A picture of the 210lb pig, as measured by the tape measure method is in the post above as well.

Bullet no. 5: 6.8 spc 120gr SST. Recovered sticking out of the side of the pig in the above post. Appears to have struck the ground, flattened a little bit as well as slightly mushroomed before ricocheting into the pig.

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
IMO you should consider using a "no lead" style of bullet. The Hornady 120SST performed as suspected. Jacket seperation is bad. Have talked to Hornady about this and as per their bullet info . . they deny this ever happens.
That 90gr Fusion looks good. Not surprised at the performance of the FMJ at 300BLK vels.
Grest hunt . . good sized hogs . . congratz. ---- pruhdlr

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Those no lead style bullets are too expensive for me, I shoot a lot. The Hornady SST's while not perfect, have killed lots of pigs for me. I've see lots of them with the core separated. However I'll keep reloading with them until I find a better priced bullet that kills pigs as good.

As for the federal fusion bullet, most of them that we recover look very similar to that one. As do the Federal XMGD 90gr Gold Dot bonded soft points. I wish I could get the 90gr or 115gr bullet Federal uses at price similar price to the SST, I'd reload them instead.

The guy that used the .300blk FMJ, doesn't use them anymore. We convinced him to switch to a better round. He's using a 125gr bullet now and doing much better at killing pigs.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats! You never forget your first pig! Not really but it sounded good.

nathan koepp

Cibolo,TX
Well it took six months but I finally found some pigs in Tennessee! The first pig was a sow with a chest girth of 45.5 so sus worthy but I did not take any pictures because all I had was a piece of string to measure her then hold said strong up to a take measure.IMG_0965.JPG

The second pig was just a boar weighing in at 160ish nothing to impressive about him.IMG_0966.JPG

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Awesome. Is that you Nathan? Doesn't look like you.

Duffy

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
IMG_20171217_143139236.jpg Had a lil fun at work yesterday. Spotted a sounder moving my direction so a buddy of mine and I started making our way towards them. The wind was perfect and we made it within 30 or 40 yards of them hiding behind some short brush. I pulled out my phone and hit the hog calls from Glenn Guess and caught the attention of a young boar who made his way over. When he noticed us he turned around to head back but the rest of the sounder was on a trot our direction. They walked right up to about 10 yards before spooking out out if there about the same time my buddy was turning and running too! Lol he got a lil worried they were coming after him . I sat right there till they took off and noticed a line of about 20 piglets which I then took off after! I circled one till he wore out and thank goodness bc I was too! He made one last dash and I snatched him up. The kicker of it all was a coyote was tracking the sounder and we never noticed until the piglet started squealing. I beat him to his dinner lol! Oh and I let the lil dude go after some pics.