hey LWRC!! is this supposed to fall off??

D

djones

20170419_230915b.jpg

snuck up on some hogs, but forgot to replace the chip in the dvr. tall wheat, got close. bang/thud over and over. smoke cleared and squeals calmed. started picking up brass and found a metal object. wow, the adjustment knob for the on/off gas port FELL OFF! i'm sure it was hot loads so i don't expect any warranty work, lol. but really guys, i mean c'mon... look how easy this thing pulls off.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Quick disconnect knob...you might be on to something!

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LWRC = Vulcan in drag!

Find someone to cerakote that thing in yellow! Its falling apart piece by piece. What next?

D

djones

734 - lol, those are chain drags attached above their ankles

scram - 12 men but whose counting. besides i wasn't pulling on it while i was shooting

snake - genius!!

OinK - we're a team. you need to get an LWRC too!!!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
looks like the pin is suppose to be it that slot??? bend the pin back in and go shootin?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah when you don't clean and maintain your weapons they will fall apart or fail.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
yeah when you don't clean and maintain your weapons they will fall apart or fail.
Or you load too hot. I've seen several folks loaded the 6.8 too hot and caused failures. It will break bolts and when the small pieces of brass come off it will jam you recoil spring/failure to chamber etc., causes a major fubar.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
D

djones

curly - the slot is the vent for the gas hole. there is a dimple that the spring catches to keep it from moving forward, in either position.

frank - i don't think you understand. i don't want to clean or oil it. i just want to stuff it with hot loads and kill kill kill

gilly - i've heard of bolts breaking but i've never seen one. probably just internet lore

dirtydawg - it's becoming more clear to me each day why you're the boss

takko - ding ding ding we have a WINNER

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It just amazes me how so many people run products hard everyday with no issues but there is always one or two guys out there that break everything. For example DAX every single armasight scope he got was defective out of the box, even the last few that were hand inspected and tested by the owner before they shipped. Now you with lwrc it's like a black cloud follows some people. Of course you did manage to mess up the non lwrc before this one also.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Spring wore out on the nipple!! piece of wire broke the end tip of it after X amount of thousands of rds. Get a new one or bend that one into place.

I would put it in the slot if it does not mess with anything but at some point it will get burned off too. Oh ya,,,,,,, BANG BANG!!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
D

djones

doggie - now that you mention it, i had to send a worn out 308 upper back to dpms a while back too.

curlie - nipple still intact. it just jumped the dimple. knob doesn't go on far enough for spring to catch the slot, and it ain't supposed to anyway.

snake - betwixt you an me, curlie's been sniffing too many beavers

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice haul of hogs ... some bad luck with your gear!!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Take a BFH (Big %#%#%#%#%# Hammer) and a pointy thingy and hammer the snot out of it and make the dipple thingy BIGGER!!! Plus while you have it off bend the crank out of that wire and then put it back on there and GTG!! BANG BANG!!

But seriously looks like the wire is wore the heck out and you need a whole new setup. Like I said with your wealth I personally would have 4 or 5 for back up!! BANG BANG!!

Last edited: