LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Swamped yesterday. Left home at 0700, after 2200 getting back.

Moved a chest freezer and fridge for a cousin moving. Then, helped an injured buddy acquire/off-load/store 4,000 lbs. of wood pellets. Then, their daughter needed to move from one salon to a new location... so, we were off and running again. In all, about 200 miles' worth of drive time to get all that done. 2 tons of pellets is a LOT of wheel barrel work from his alley, and up to the dry storage behind the house. After we moved her stuff into the new location, my buddy and I wandered over to browse inside Cabelas while his wife was helping their daughter unpack and settle in. Her hubby was home with their kids. He just got home from bow hunting. He did good, got a 6 pt. muley that had a hanging weight of 140 lbs. He missed his shot at a black bear though.

We put a major hurt on a buffet after we finished! I'm not used to eating like that, but, it was a nice treat to do so. Surprisingly, not too stiff/sore today, just a little. Hickory smoked/peppered bacon, and pancakes for breakfast, some good coffee, and kicking back for some football today.

Got a free (looks like new) kerosene space heater out of the freezer move deal. Good score.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
RD you stayed busy, I bet you are worn out. I have been cutting and disking up plots to plant next week, 12,000lbs of product coming!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sounds like it'll be a fine fold plot for your efforts.

Had to smile, the yard kid (nice young man) loading the trailer struggled a bit. Each pallet weighed a ton. Took him a few tries to learn what he needed to do to get the first pallet far enough forward to get the placement of the second pallet sitting so that the space between the two pallets was centered over the center of the two axles. Sure rode nice with it loaded right.

Although we had it all tied down for the trip home, the top of the rear pallet shifted (a few blocks from his house) as we climbed a steep hill. Sounded like a belt slipping when the fenders settled down onto the rear trailer tires. That truck had to WORK for that last few blocks home. 50 bags, stacked ten high (per pallet), wrapped with plastic, and covered with a fitted cover for the top/sides... tied fore/aft... just a little too much slippery weight for that hill's incline. Ropes held, but 1/3 of the back half shifted inside the trailer walls.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
At least it got done and no mishaps and no one hurt!