SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Any after action reports???

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Got my shipping notice today from Ident on my 308 lower for my new 12" barreled upper. Will be ready for deer season. Now to have the YHM suppressor adaptor installed.

RevMS

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Haven't been out shooting since the last report except for a little 22 pistol action while I was out hanging some stands for bow season. Now working on getting my bow set-up and my shoulder strength up (had rotator cuff surgery a couple of years back) ... that's working well and I'm looking forward to taking a tasty doe or a spike with a sharp stick!

I've got to take some time to stretch the 260 out a bit with the harvester attached ... its intended purpose is reaching out a few hundred yards on the same field I've got the bow hunting stands set up on. I see plenty of deer every time I go out on that farm so I should have a really good chance of taking a few of them ... with bow and rifles.

RevMS

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I spent a couple hours yesterday with my 260 Rem Savage with the Harvester on it testing out some 140gr AMax loads.

Most of the time I wore my Peltors but got brave enough toward the end to see what it sounded like without the ear pro. I was actually VERY pleasantly surprised. I sure don't have a dB meter to tell me what I was exposed to, but I've certainly been in industrial environments where not having ear pro is physically painful. In this case ... by-the-book max (compressed) 260 Rem loads ... there was ZERO discomfort from the report at the shooter's position.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Glad you like it Rev.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Once you have shot with a suppressor you will never want to shot with out. I sure like shooting my rifles and pistols with no head gear. The amazing thing is to,shoot subsonic guns like a 45 and hear the difference with out the sonic crack. It is hard to,describe unless you have heard it. Still do not understand why the Feds think they need be on the NFA list. Old thinking from the 30s I guess.